I love our February Skill of the Month: Switch from Store-Bought to Homemade. It has challenged me to track down new recipes for things I have never tried before.
Yesterday I tried brushing my teeth with bentonite clay. Look for my article on the subject of DIY dental care coming up. I’ve tried various health-drink mixes with turmeric and cayenne, started using borax powder to clean the toilets and a ball of aluminum foil to replace dryer sheets.
Sometimes, switching from store-bought to homemade has great results and sometimes it doesn’t. The internet is full of Pinterest fails.
If you need ideas, my Pinterest board is full of them. Here are some projects I’m going to try next:
- Homemade citronella candles — gearing up for mosquito season
- I still haven’t made this homemade enchilada sauce!
- Homemade deodorant to replace the all-natural version I’ve been using.
- I’d love to make homemade firebricks
- And that’s just the start of my list!
Here’s my FREE mini-guide for you!
To give you a boost this month and through the rest of the year, here’s a free copy of my brand new mini guide, “Switch From Store-Bought to Homemade.” It’s full of my own recipes, stories of things I’ve tried that worked (and failed), and links to other resources and products. If it’s helpful, be sure to share it with your friends. It will soon be available on Amazon as an ebook, but won’t be free!
I’d like to hear what you have tried this month. What new homemade product did you make?
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever - September 19, 2019
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge! - September 17, 2019
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson - August 1, 2019
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019