Every September is the official National Preparedness Month in the U.S. If you don’t have one of these special dates in your country, you can either establish one for yourself and your family or begin a letter-writing and petition campaign to convince your government that one is needed.
Over the years of encouraging people to get prepared for everyday emergencies and worst case scenarios, I’ve always known that most people give the idea lip service. Knowing the importance of “getting prepped” is not very different from knowing that it’s better to be a healthy weight, eat right, drink lot of water, and exercise. We all KNOW that stuff. We just don’t all DO it.
And right there is what makes the difference between a family who is ready to quickly and quietly load up the car with supplies, the kids, and the pets and hightail it away from danger to one who either scrambles at the last minute, deep in the black zone and forgetting what to pack, like these folks did during the huge Fort MacMurray fires. Worse are those who are totally unaware until there IS no escape. Honestly? Most people fall into those 2 latter categories.
I don’t want even one of my readers to be caught unaware by fire, flood, extreme weather, or any other type of disaster. (Take my 5-question Threat Assessment Quiz here to figure out what are the most likely dangers you face.) This blog is chock full of over 1700 articles, my family survival manual, Survival Mom, should be on every family’s bookshelf (no kidding!), and my second book, Emergency Evacuations: Get Out Fast When it Matters Most, details exactly what, when, where, and how you should evacuate from a dangerous situation.
I’ve worked hard over the years to provide you with the very best advice I could, but this last spring, I realized it hasn’t been enough. Most of you know you should prep, you read about prepping, maybe put a few things in place, and then get distracted by life, as I did myself earlier this year. When that happens, you still are not ready, especially for a true worst case scenario. And what could those be? We don’t have to look very far to see examples all over the world — and please don’t lapse into normalcy bias and think, “It could never happen here.”
- Venezuela, once the most prosperous country in South America, utterly collapses in economic turmoil, with empty food shelves, food riots, and desperate people.
- Random terrorist attacks in places most would have considered safe.
- A rising tide of anger and unrest, resulting in extreme and violent riots that sometimes last for days.
- A government that can be slow to respond to true and desperate calamities, such as the flooding in Louisiana this summer. Did you realize this disaster is the third worst to hit our country after Katrina and Hurricane Sandy? I’ll bet you didn’t, since only scant attention was given in mainstream media. Federal response was described as “pitiful”.
I’m determined to never be one of the hungry, desperate moms lining up, or rioting!, just to get some bottled water and a bag of groceries. I’m far too independent-minded for that, and I’ll bet you are, too.
The Prepping Intensive
So, here’s what I’ve done so that you and your family are prepared for all types of scenarios. I created a 10-week live course, complete with actual classes, assignments, assessments, and…accountability! If you’re serious about getting yourself, your family, and your home prepped, you can’t afford to NOT take this class.
The timing is perfect! Not only is it the start of National Preparedness Month but the kids, and grandkids, are back in school. It really is the perfect time to direct your attention to something of vital and life-saving importance — and, you can teach what you learn to your other family members and friends.
The course covers just about everything:
- Water and sanitation
- A complete food storage education
- Power outage readiness
- Natural disaster preparedness
- Survival when you’re away from home
- Health and fitness for survival
- Setting up a survival retreat no matter where you are
- Worst case scenarios
We’ve covered all the bases but then we’ve brought in some amazing guest speakers for you:
- Dr. Arthur T. Bradley — This guy wrote the book on EMP preparedness, literally.
- Merriwether — A nationally known foraging expert and author
- Jim Cobb — Author of 9 prepper books, ranging from home security to surviving the end of the world
- Selco — Bosnian war survivor who write about his experiences on SHTFSchool
- Fernando Aguirre (FerFAL) — Lived through Argentina’s economic collapses and tells it like it is
- Patrice Lewis — Author, blogger, and expert homesteader. She contributed this very popular article to my blog.
We have more speakers scheduled, but you get the idea. If you’re wondering if you’ll be able to attend all these classes, each one is recorded and will be available to you, 24/7.
Here’s the Sneak Peek
I don’t expect you to plunk down your registration fee without actually seeing what you’re buying. I’ve written too many articles about the importance of frugal living to want you to do that! So, if you would like to see a sample of one of our training modules, here you go!
And, we’ve expanded just a bit to offer more than a 10 week course (which you have access to for a year!). We’ve also created a separate Student Center for members only. This separate site has a forum, webinar recording archive, a Book of the Month Club (all prepper/apocalyptic/survival books — I promise!), and coming this fall, mini-courses you can take any time, 24/7. You get a 1-year membership to the Student Center with your class registration!
Check out the Student Center at this Sneak Peek link. Since this is all so new, we have a lot of room to grow, with lots of ideas for things that will help you get fully prepped. Just talking and thinking about it will never help you and your family survive.
We start on 9/11
Someone asked me if our start date of September 11, was significant in any way. The answer is no! We want you to take this course and take action, every single week, and then take a break just before Thanksgiving and the holiday season arrive.
However, this doesn’t give you a whole lot of time to sign up. Registration closes for good on September 18.
If you’ve ever wished you could just TALK with someone about prepping and ask all your crazy questions, get expert advice on your own special circumstances — this was designed for you. Not only am I very active in the course, teaching a handful of classes myself, but Daisy Luther, author, blogger, and homesteader, is right there, too.
We want to help you get fully prepared for an uncertain future. Join our group of students today and start working through our Student Orientation to be ready for launch day, September 11. This is the perfect time for this!
*The course is fully detailed at this link, Preppers University.
P.S. If you can’t join us this time around, we have another session starting in January. Sign up here to get updates whenever new classes are starting AND to get our Prepping To Do List every month!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Here’s the Skinny On Saving Seeds - August 15, 2017
- Getting Started With Solar Cooking - August 7, 2017
- 3 Simple Tips to Help Kids Stay Cool in Back-to-School Weather - July 31, 2017
- Hot Enough For Ya? 17 Tips For Staying Cool When It’s Hotter Than Hell Outside - July 29, 2017
- My Story: Improving My Vision to Improve My Survival Odds - July 25, 2017