Tall, fluffy and light- not usually words you associate with whole wheat right? Well, these rolls are all of those things and more! They are made with 100% whole wheat, get a little sweetness from honey and richness from eggs and milk. All in all, the perfect roll.
To start making these, I milled some white wheat berries in my grain mill and creamed some milk. Such a hard life I live with all of this good food around me! I looked the recipe over and although it originally called for being made in a stand mixer, I decided to try it out in my bread machine. Success!! My Kitchen Aid is on the fritz so being able to make these in the bread machine was an especially good thing.
I found the recipe on An Oregon Cottage and it’s a keeper. I can’t wait to serve these up with our tomato soup tonight! My family loves them and I am confident that you family will too.
100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- 2 Tablespoons yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups whole wheat flour (hard white wheat or hard red wheat both work great)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 4 Top Survival Skills You Must Teach Your Kids - May 23, 2017
- Why The Instant Pot Can Make Your World A Better Place - May 20, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About MREs, and Then Some - May 13, 2017
- Spring into summer preparedness - May 12, 2017
- Start Your Personalized Survival Plan Today! - May 8, 2017