Tall, fluffy and light- not usually words you associate with whole wheat right? Well, these rolls are all of those things and more! They are made with 100% whole wheat, get a little sweetness from honey and richness from eggs and milk. All in all, the perfect roll.
To start making these, I milled some white wheat berries in my grain mill and creamed some milk. Such a hard life I live with all of this good food around me! I looked the recipe over and although it originally called for being made in a stand mixer, I decided to try it out in my bread machine. Success!! My Kitchen Aid is on the fritz so being able to make these in the bread machine was an especially good thing.
100% Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- 2 Tablespoons yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups whole wheat flour (hard white wheat or hard red wheat both work great)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
There may be links in the post above that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which does not affect the price you pay for the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Where do you start when everything has been lost? - May 8, 2016
- Fruit Juice in the Pantry — Giveaway! - May 4, 2016
- 43 Super-Frugal Tips for Cutting Down on Household Expenses - April 29, 2016
- Using Dried Eggs: A Tutorial - April 26, 2016
- 16 Super-Frugal Tips to Save Loads of Money on Entertainment & Holidays - April 24, 2016