Visit The Outback Doc’s website, Outback Medicine. Look for more, “Ask The Outback Doc” columns here on The Survival Mom.
Stocking up on plenty of over-the-counter (OTC) medications and supplies is a very important part of preparedness. The availability of medical supplies will certainly affect how and what you are able to do for your patient, like this fact or not! Another consideration is that each treatment category and problem requires many specific and different things to have on hand, from tongue depressors to otoscopes to blood pressure cuffs to whatever, many different medications included. Fact is, the list of things we have to have on hand and in supply to treat patients is enormous!
You should definitely get as much as YOU can get in this category and afford today. Always stock up on:
- Pepto-B (generic Bismuth is just fine, too)
- Mineral Oil
- Epsom’s Salts
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Witch Hazel
- Contact Lens Solution
- Nasal Spray, Afrin,
- Primatene Mist*
- Fiber like Metamucil & Benefiber
- A hoard of organic-natural (i.e. never “Centrum”!) multi/B-vitamins
- Vitamin C
- Mag Citrate…and many more!
Buy these now because they won’t be there when the SHTF, I promise!
Listen to my interview with the Doc:
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 15 Survival Adventures Every Prepper Should Read - March 15, 2017
- Cold Weather Survival: Survive in a Stranded Car - February 22, 2017
- Do You Know How to Clean Up a Biological Mess? - February 6, 2017
- Top 10 Food Storage Myths - January 31, 2017
- Back to Basics Bundle: 70 Ebooks, Online Courses, and More! - January 17, 2017