Visit The Outback Doc’s website, Outback Medicine. Look for more, “Ask The Outback Doc” columns here on The Survival Mom.
Stocking up on plenty of over-the-counter (OTC) medications and supplies is a very important part of preparedness. The availability of medical supplies will certainly affect how and what you are able to do for your patient, like this fact or not! Another consideration is that each treatment category and problem requires many specific and different things to have on hand, from tongue depressors to otoscopes to blood pressure cuffs to whatever, many different medications included. Fact is, the list of things we have to have on hand and in supply to treat patients is enormous!
You should definitely get as much as YOU can get in this category and afford today. Always stock up on:
- Pepto-B (generic Bismuth is just fine, too)
- Mineral Oil
- Epsom’s Salts
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Witch Hazel
- Contact Lens Solution
- Nasal Spray, Afrin,
- Primatene Mist*
- Fiber like Metamucil & Benefiber
- A hoard of organic-natural (i.e. never “Centrum”!) multi/B-vitamins
- Vitamin C
- Mag Citrate…and many more!
Buy these now because they won’t be there when the SHTF, I promise!
Listen to my interview with the Doc:
There may be links in the post above that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which does not affect the price you pay for the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Back to Basics Bundle: 70 Ebooks, Online Courses, and More! - January 17, 2017
- Surviving Iceland: My #1 Survival Concern - January 16, 2017
- 7 Things To Do Right Now To Get Ready For a Fabulous Summer Garden - January 15, 2017
- 24 Hour Sale on Preppers University Courses - January 1, 2017
- 9 Ways to Train Your Brain to Respond in a Crisis - December 31, 2016