Guest post by Patti D.
This is what Patti has put together for her Grab & Go Binder, which is a collection of important documents, all in one place, that you’ll grab if you ever need to evacuate your home or respond to an emergency.
- SD card that has a movie of your home and its contents as well as your children, for insurance and identification purposes
- Social security cards
- Birth certificates
- Recent photos of entire family and pets
- Finger prints
- Insurance declaration pages and agents phone numbers and address
- Bank information, phone number, address
- List of all bills, due dates, address, phone numbers
- Phone numbers and addresses for family, friends and physicians
- If you live near a nuclear plant (like I do) evacuation routes
- State map and surrounding states
- Last years taxes
- Copies of driver’s license and professional license
- Health insurance cards
- IP addresses of resourceful websites such as:
SHTF Movement.com is 184.108.40.206
drudge report.com is 220.127.116.11
the woodpile report.com is 18.104.22.168
essential intelligence is 22.214.171.124
survivalblog.com is 126.96.36.199
nasa.gov is 188.8.131.52
google.com is 184.108.40.206
This is just in case the government shuts down any websites you may use you can still look it up by typing the IP address in the tool bar.
- Car title, mortgage note or any ownership documents
- Vaccine records (blue cards)
- Copy of proof of car insurance
- If you have legal documents for child custody this must be included! If the SHTF and your ex refuses to return your child, the police will view it as a civil matter and burden of proof will be on you!
- Place folded flat N95 mask for each person in the home and a pair of latex gloves in a manila envelope and include this in your binder.
Lisa’s note: You can find full instructions for making your own Grab & Go Binder in my book, Survival Mom: How to prepare your family for everyday disasters and worst case scenarios.
My Latest Videos
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child - January 14, 2019
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year! - January 7, 2019
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit - January 5, 2019
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions - January 3, 2019
- Get week-by-week prepping help with my 2019 calendar! - November 26, 2018