Men! They can be so hard to buy for. My husband is possibly the worst. One year I bought him a beautiful menorah, and, wouldn’t you know, he just happened to open that particular Amazon box — after I had spent weeks wondering what I should get him.
If you are at a loss as to what to get the men in your life, this list may prove to be a lifesaver, especially since so many of the gifts are available at the last minute. I’ve provided Amazon links for comparison purchases, but you may find some of these products in local stores.
Alright. Now on to gifts for Dads and other folks of the male variety. (However, this list is equally helpful for any prepper-minded women you know. I happen to be eyeing those night vision goggles.)
Gift for Dads & Other Prepper Men
- Classes you know he would like but will never get around to taking, like welding or basic home electrical. Or a couples massage class – to help with all those sore muscles, if the SHTF, of course.
- How about an advanced firearms class at the nearest shooting range? There is nothing like an advanced class, taught by a highly trained professional, to push even an experienced shooter to a whole new level. The nice thing is that this gift can be purchased at the last minute.
- What family traditions mean the most to him? I’ve noticed that my husband particularly loves Hanukkah, and this year bought him a new menorah. Whether it’s a holiday or just a tradition that is special to your family, what could you give him to make it even more special and memorable?
- Does your man like to watch cooking shows? Somehow, my hubby got hooked on The Great British Baking Show, so for his birthday gift, my daughter bought him a cookbook by one of the show judges, Paul Hollywood. Thanks to that inspiration, he regularly makes breads of all types and enjoys trying new things from “his” cookbook.
- Books or an e-reader like the Kindle Paperwhite. You can add books to the Kindle before gifting it. How about some of these titles?
- Primitive Skills and Crafts
- When Technology Fails
- The Ultimate Guide to U.S. Special Forces Skills, Tactics, and Techniques
- …or any of the books on my master list of survival books.
- Digital libraries. Buy a complete series on CD/DVD. Digital versions of Mother Earth books are great, but so are the complete works of his favorite band or a few seasons of a TV show he always wanted to see but never had time to before it was canceled.
- Solar-powered gadgets. A solar-powered laptop backpack might be a perfect solution to power failures, and a solar battery charger is easy on the budget. The solar Luci emergency light is inexpensive as well and will provide hours of light during a power failure. A Kaito solar dynamo radio and flashlight should be in any guy’s bug-out bag or family emergency supplies. I prefer the Kaito brand.
- Tools. Enough said. These caught the eye of Paranoid Dad.
- Mini Projector. You can have your own drive-in movie theater on the side of your house. If you have to bug out, your family can still enjoy movies on something bigger than a 10” screen.
- A paracord bracelet. A useful and good-looking accessory.
- Guns, ammo, holsters, and other related gear. You’ll probably have to ask him for anything more specific since there is so much available.
- Spy gear such as night-vision goggles, laser tripwires, motion detectors, and more are available from companies like EyeClops and Wild Planet Spy Gear. They are sold as children’s toys, but some can be used tactically as well. (If you buy more than one pair of Night Vision Goggles, you can play hide-n-seek at night.)
- Camping gear. Did you know they make a sleeping bag big enough for two grownups to sleep together? They can also be used as two separate sleeping bags.
- Portable air conditioner for those hot weekends out in the garage.
- Survival Tips Playing Cards. It’s two games in one — regular playing cards AND 52 survival scenarios to discuss and solve — all in one deck. So, whether he’s hanging out with the guys or hanging out with the family, these bring laughter and education into every card game.
Whether it’s birthdays, holidays, Father’s Day, anniversaries, or a just-because gift, this list gives you plenty of options for the prepper-minded men in your life! You can get gifts for Dads anytime. You don’t even have to wait until the last minute!
What gifts would you add to this list?