Get my FREE Special Report, “The First 15 Things You Must Do Immediately After an EMP” via email. Sign up here,
I’ve been working on a book about EMP survival for the past couple of months. It hasn’t been an easy task, since much of what I’m researching involves scenarios that have never happened, or have happened only in third world countries. It’s been challenging to apply those scenarios to the world in which I’ve grown up.
In a weird way, this research has been fun. I feel a bit like Dr. David Livingstone venturing into parts of Africa that had never been imagined, much less explored.
Will my lovely next door neighbors really turn into cannibals, given enough time and lack of food?
Will the gangs and violent predators in the big city nearest me really begin going door to door, as a sort of perverse version of the Jehovah Witnesses, robbing, raping, and killing or will they end up killing each other first?
If well-prepared preppers have the perfect bug out location, equipped with every survival supply possible, how will they get there if the electromagnetic pulse has destroyed the electronic-based engines in their vehicles?
The approach I took to preparedness and survival in my first book, Survival Mom: How to Prepare Your Family For Everyday Disasters and Worst-Case Scenarios, was all about common sense. My goal was to equip the average mom with information, checklists, and strategies for surviving the typical natural disaster, medical emergency, or job loss.
My second book is different. So far, it contains a lot of doom and gloom just because of the nature of a post-EMP world. However, it’s made me think twice about the predictions found in most EMP survival novels. I believe that desperate times encourage and, in fact, create just the type of environment that breeds innovation. In a post-EMP world, many communities may never need, or want, to go back to old systems once new and better ones have been devised.
Human beings are damn smart when they need to be.
EMP Survival for moderate preppers
That’s where, you, the moderate prepper can play an important role. Take practical steps now to prepare for everyday emergencies but also keep in mind that worst case scenarios are entirely possible.
- Each month, you can add new skills and knowledge, which is why there is a Survival Mom Skill of the Month!
- You can save money toward buying the gear and supplies that are truly necessary. (Have you joined my 52 Weeks Savings Club on Facebook?)
- Prepare your body with exercise, training, and healthy eating so we are physically ready for difficult tasks, regardless of the crisis. (If you need a support group, join my Skinny Survival Moms group on Facebook!)
I don’t believe that only Green Berets, Navy SEALS, and the most vicious, lawless predators will be the ones to survive. In fact, moderate preppers already have many advantages over these groups. We recognize warning signs that have led us to take proactive steps to prepare. We’ve incorporated both the mindset and lifestyle of preparedness into our daily lives and, by doing so, blend in with every other household around us.
The “Gray Man“? Yeah, that’s us.
Survivors of a worst case scenario will need to think on their feet, quickly adapt and improvise, and be willing to connect with others to form communities. Moderate preppers who continue to refine their skills and supplies, connect with like-minded people, and stay up to date with the world around them are excellent candidates for EMP survival.
Here’s an EMP Survival tool I have for you
I wish I could say that my EMP survival handbook was ready to put in your hands today, but it’s not. I’m finishing the book now and then it will require editing and more.What are the first 15 things you must do immediately after an #EMP? Get this FREE report! Click To Tweet
However, here’s what I can give you now, via email: A special report that provides details for, “The First 15 Things You Must Do Immediately After an EMP.” As a mom, and knowing the fears that moms have for their kids, I’ve included information for when and how to retrieve your kids from school. I’ve listed items that should be in everyone’s Get Home Bag, tips for informing neighbors about what has happened and why this is a vital thing to do, and specific places to shop for last minute supplies, even if you’re already well-stocked.
Along with this Special Report, I’ve prepared follow up emails that will answer some of your most difficult questions:
- Should I immediately evacuate my home following an EMP?
- I don’t have a survival group or community. Can I survive on my own?
- What if I have a newborn? What can I do to make sure he/she survives in a post-EMP world?
- What can I do if I’m stranded hundreds of miles from home?
Along with these follow-ups that you’ll receive every 3-4 weeks, I’ll let you know when my book is ready for pre-order and how you can get a signed copy.
If you already get my weekly emails and occasional exclusive articles, this Special Report is sitting in your email box! Otherwise, sign up here:
There’s peace in being prepared and EMP Survival is possible!
Download link to Special Report: http://thesurvivalmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/One-Second-After-the-Lights-Go-Out-Special-Report-5-11.pdf
Learn even more about EMP preparedness
- Another Look at Faraday Cages
- The Basics of EMP: What is it? How likely? How to Prepare?
- EMP Survival & The First 15 Things You Must Do Immediately After an EMP
- How to Make a Faraday Cage
- Post-EMP Survival: What if you can’t get home?
- What’s in Your Faraday Cage? A Common Sense Guide to Preparing For an EMP
- Why and How to Protect Your Gear From EMP
- Would a Long-Term Blackout Mean Nuclear Meltdown
There may be links in the post above that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which does not affect the price you pay for the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 15 Survival Adventures Every Prepper Should Read - March 15, 2017
- Cold Weather Survival: Survive in a Stranded Car - February 22, 2017
- Do You Know How to Clean Up a Biological Mess? - February 6, 2017
- Top 10 Food Storage Myths - January 31, 2017
- Back to Basics Bundle: 70 Ebooks, Online Courses, and More! - January 17, 2017