Your junk drawer, love it or hate it, just might be the gold mine you’ve been looking for when it comes to equipping your emergency kits and other preps.
The Junk Drawer Challenge saved me loads of time and money. Here’s how it went down.
I wouldn’t have believed this, either, until I reorganized my own kitchen junk drawer a while back and came across a mother-lode of supplies:
- Packets of hand sanitizer
- A sunglasses case, perfect for a mini emergency kit
- Pencils and a pencil sharpener (pens can run out of ink, Sharpies can dry out, pencils are perfect for every type of emergency kit)
- Handy wire
- Duct tape
- A tiny multi-tool
- Cigarette lighters
- A small comb
- Tape measure
And that’s just the short list!
Before I knew it, I had amassed a pretty impressive pile of supplies, just the types of things that appear on most every emergency kit/bug out bag checklist.
Best of all, this didn’t cost me a dime. In fact, it saved me money by not buying things I already had.
Click here to watch my YouTube video where I explain how I discovered this quick tip for getting prepped!
Are you ready to try this yourself? Take my Junk Drawer Challenge and see what’s hiding in your junk drawer! Be sure to leave a comment with your list of “lucky finds” below!
And, if your prepping supplies are fully stocked, you might want to check out this list of unusual supplies you may want to add!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- The truth about disinfectants: Q&A with an expert - February 5, 2020
- Tackle Your Toughest Prepping Problems! (video) - January 31, 2020
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020 - January 24, 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps - January 12, 2020
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of - January 5, 2020