Your junk drawer, love it or hate it, just might be the gold mine you’ve been looking for when it comes to equipping your emergency kits and other preps.
The Junk Drawer Challenge saved me loads of time and money. Here’s how it went down.
I wouldn’t have believed this, either, until I reorganized my own kitchen junk drawer a while back and came across a mother-lode of supplies:
- Packets of hand sanitizer
- A sunglasses case, perfect for a mini emergency kit
- Pencils and a pencil sharpener (pens can run out of ink, Sharpies can dry out, pencils are perfect for every type of emergency kit)
- Handy wire
- Duct tape
- A tiny multi-tool
- Cigarette lighters
- A small comb
- Tape measure
And that’s just the short list!
Before I knew it, I had amassed a pretty impressive pile of supplies, just the types of things that appear on most every emergency kit/bug out bag checklist.
Best of all, this didn’t cost me a dime. In fact, it saved me money by not buying things I already had.
Click here to watch my YouTube video where I explain how I discovered this quick tip for getting prepped!
Are you ready to try this yourself? Take my Junk Drawer Challenge and see what’s hiding in your junk drawer! Be sure to leave a comment with your list of “lucky finds” below!
And, if your prepping supplies are fully stocked, you might want to check out this list of unusual supplies you may want to add!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout - June 4, 2020
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why - May 30, 2020
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast! - May 6, 2020
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat - April 29, 2020
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List - April 19, 2020