The new Global Sun Oven review
When asked which solar cooker oven I recommend, I always mention the Global Sun Oven. It was the very first solar oven I owned and it shows plenty of wear and tear. It’s more expensive than other versions, but its designers came up with creative solutions to common issues that made solar cooking more challenging than it needed to be.
Now, this oven has been re-designed with a few more bells and whistles and the interior can now easily handle a 9×13 pan, which is the most popular size baking dish, at least in my house! The All-American Sun Oven is available only in the U.S., and it makes cooking by the power of the sun easier than ever.
First, the oven is 20% bigger. It can accommodate that rectangular baker you love and bake 2 loaves of bread, side by side. This improvement is a very welcome one.
The oven’s glass door is thicker and has a better sealing gasket. Together, these improvements will provide hotter cooking temperatures and, more importantly, shorter cooking times. The All-American Sun Oven’s page says that this new version of their oven will cook a 2 1/2 pound roast in 1 hour, 20 minutes and a chocolate cake in 35 minutes. (Be sure you pre-heat the oven by setting it out in the sun at least 15-20 minutes before you place your baking dish inside.)
Once I learned how to align the Sun Oven with the sun in order to maximize the cooking power of the sun, it was easy, but the All-American makes it even easier with an E-Z Sun Tracker. With a glance you can determine if your oven is situated properly. This will help your food cook more quickly.
If you’ve been looking at solar ovens and wondering which to buy, the All-American Sun Oven is a winner.
I’m excited that for a limited time, you can buy the All-American and save up to $70 on a package that includes:
- One All American SUN OVEN®
- New SUN OVEN® eCookbook & Emergency Preparedness CD featuring 600 recipes, hundreds of pictures, video clips and much more which has been developed by Cook’n, the award winning and #1 best-selling recipe organizer.
- Multi-Level Dehydrating & Baking Rack Set (set of 3 racks w/1 roll parchment paper)
- Two Easy Stack Pots w/interchangeable enamel and a glass lids
- Multi-Fuel Water Pasteurizing Indicator (WAPI)
- Two Loaf Pans
- Free shipping within Contiguous U.S.
Check out the new All-American Sun Oven!
There may be links in the post above that are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission, which does not affect the price you pay for the product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.© Copyright 2013 The Survival Mom, All rights Reserved. Written For: The Survival Mom
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Home Canning And Preserving GIVEAWAY! - July 1, 2014
- REVIEW: Green coffee beans – The Perfect Cuppa Joe Today and Long-Term Storage Tomorrow - July 1, 2014
- 17 Things to Do with Tomatoes - June 29, 2014
(529) Readers Comments
No Banner to display