Those are the obvious places, but there are tons of more unexpected places out there, both specialty and more mainstream chain stores.
A friend of mine runs Truck Dog USA. They specialize in items for truckers. Do you know what truckers use that might interest preppers? I had no clued until I checked out his store. They have all kinds of 12 v items from compact refrigerators (esp. for critical items such as insulin) to curling irons. They use inverters, too.
I also have a soft spot for museum and National Park Service stores.
Tuesday Morning sells sewing, canning, gardening, and even camping gear. That’s where I bought mummy bags for $20.
What are some of the more unusual places you have found to shop for prepper items?
Latest posts by Liz Long (see all)
- Last Minute Holiday Gifts for the Prepper Dad - December 22, 2017
- What Most of Us Don’t Think About When Staying in Hotel Room - October 12, 2017
- A Four Seasons Emergency Plan: Autumn Survival - September 17, 2017
- Make a School-Friendly First Aid Kit - September 13, 2017
- The Nitty Gritty of Treating Lice - September 7, 2017