Those are the obvious places, but there are tons of more unexpected places out there, both specialty and more mainstream chain stores.
A friend of mine runs Truck Dog USA. They specialize in items for truckers. Do you know what truckers use that might interest preppers? I had no clued until I checked out his store. They have all kinds of 12 v items from compact refrigerators (esp. for critical items such as insulin) to curling irons. They use inverters, too.
I also have a soft spot for museum and National Park Service stores.
Tuesday Morning sells sewing, canning, gardening, and even camping gear. That’s where I bought mummy bags for $20.
What are some of the more unusual places you have found to shop for prepper items?
Latest posts by Liz Long (see all)
- 20 Quality Prepper Gifts Under $20 - November 30, 2016
- Leftover Turkey Recipes That Don’t Suck - November 24, 2016
- Beyond Zombies: Survival Lessons From The Walking Dead - October 13, 2016
- The Well-Prepped College Student - September 20, 2016
- Getting Back into Sewing As a Life Skill - September 3, 2016