When I teach “Wilderness Survival for Kids” classes, I always challenge my students to come up with as many uses as possible for items such as an empty milk jug, newspaper, empty soda can, or an old tennis shoe. I’m always amazed at their creativity. Uber Eagle Scout, Lucas, of Survival Cache has listed 30 Uses for a Bandana. Let’s see if we can help double the size of his list!
Here are the first five uses from his article.
2. Neck gaiter for cold weather
3. Tourniquet (for snake bites use a Sawyer Extractor)
4. Pot Holder
5. Collecting wild edibles
My Latest Videos
Now, read his entire list and see how many other uses you can think of! (Leave your comments at his blog and mine!)
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child - January 14, 2019
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year! - January 7, 2019
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit - January 5, 2019
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions - January 3, 2019
- Get week-by-week prepping help with my 2019 calendar! - November 26, 2018