When I teach “Wilderness Survival for Kids” classes, I always challenge my students to come up with as many uses as possible for items such as an empty milk jug, newspaper, empty soda can, or an old tennis shoe. I’m always amazed at their creativity. Uber Eagle Scout, Lucas, of Survival Cache has listed 30 Uses for a Bandana. Let’s see if we can help double the size of his list!
Here are the first five uses from his article.
2. Neck gaiter for cold weather
3. Tourniquet (for snake bites use a Sawyer Extractor)
4. Pot Holder
5. Collecting wild edibles
Now, read his entire list and see how many other uses you can think of! (Leave your comments at his blog and mine!)
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson - August 1, 2019
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019