Could our current, shaky economy and a potential economic collapse bring unparalleled opportunities for anyone wanting a second chance for financial freedom? It just might, according to Robert Kiyosaki.
I was asked by the RichDad company to review Kiyosaki’s latest book, Second Chance. They provided me with a free copy and payment for my time. This is my first ever RichDad book, so I approached this material with a completely open mind.
The first portion of Second Chance is a bit slow, but a few points hit home and confirmed our decision to homeschool:
- “If you want to control people’s lives, limit their knowledge.”
- Of John D. Rockefeller and Andrew Carnegie who both sought to influence American public education in a big way, “…critical reports of Rockefeller and Carnegie accused the two men of wanting to break the American spirit — and using the education system to do it.”
Although I didn’t agree with everything in Second Chance, much of it rang true because I’ve seen the results of his warnings, just in the past several years.
Financial Freedom and The American Dream
As a young person, I had every intention of pursuing years of advanced education, working hard in my chosen career, becoming financially stable, and then, at some point, retiring. Aaah, financial freedom at last!
That was The American Dream, wasn’t it? It worked for my parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents, but in 2008, I realized, it wasn’t going to work for me and my family.
That was when the housing industry in Phoenix, our home town at the time, hit rock bottom, and we were right in the middle of that collapse. At times he had been so busy fielding phone calls on his cell phone, he scarcely had time to handle all the business. That silent phone was terrifying.
What kept our family afloat was the home-based business that I had started 9 years earlier. That income wasn’t exactly Great Recession-proof, but it saw our family through the next 2 years.
Most People Will Miss a Second Chance
The purpose of the educational system is to produce employees, consumers, and tax-payers.
“In reality, the government exists to protect the rich. That is why the Federal Reserve Bank bailed out the banks, not the homeowners.
“From my point of view, millions are already in a great depression.”
For a very long time, I’ve been saying that TEOTWAWKI (The End Of The World As We Know It), is happening right now for millions and millions of families, and their lives will never be the same. Nor will the futures of their children.
Looking for that Second Chance at Financial Freedom
“You cannot get out of the way of things you cannot see moving toward you.”— R. Buckminster Fuller
Summary of Second Chance
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 13 Ways to Declare Your Personal Independence - June 28, 2017
- Why Your Family Needs To Go Camping This Summer - June 22, 2017
- My Story: Surviving a Powerful Summer Storm - June 20, 2017
- A Four-Seasons Emergency Plan: Summer Survival - June 17, 2017
- Summer PREP School: 48 Survival Skills for Kids to Learn This Summer! - June 14, 2017