For Media and other book-related inquiries, please contact Julie Burton at HarperOne – email@example.com or 415.477.4407.
Welcome to TheSurvivalMom blog!
Let’s get acquainted!
I’m a mother of two spectacular homeschooled children and wife to a busy, self-employed husband.
I love Mexican food, a slightly messy house, my big ole white Tahoe, blogging and reading good spy thrillers.
Questions I am most often asked:
- Are you Mormon?
- No, I’m not, although when I first started talking about food storage, some of my friends thought I had converted! Actually, I’m a Christian and attend a Calvary Chapel.
- How did you get started as a prepper?
- I had never heard the term, “prepper” until Tom Martin of American Preppers Network emailed and asked if he could use some of my articles on his site. Even now, I prefer to think of myself as just a very smart and very aware mom who will do whatever it takes to safeguard her family.
- You never seem worried about the future although you occasionally write about some very scary scenarios. What gives?
- I’m not immune from fear or worry, but I’ve found that if I just take some time to digest any new piece of scary information, I’m able to assess it, decide what steps we need to take, if any, and then get on with my life.
- And, it doesn’t hurt to have faith in a God who has never changed and has forever offered hope, guidance, and salvation.
- How do you stay organized and get so much done?
- My genius (Ha!) lies in my tendency to work furiously in spurts and then take the rest of the day off! I tend toward ADD, so I get more done if I can tackle and finish something in a short amount of time.
Why read my blog?
Technically, the future has always been uncertain. I mean, a massive earthquake could take out half of the United States at any moment, I suppose. What makes right now different is the uncertainty on so many levels: the economy, national security, natural disasters, and a world increasingly filled with threats against our country.
If you’ve been stashing away a few groceries every week or researching how to make a solar powered generator, you’re not alone! I hope you’ll find reassurance and practical help here on my blog. Our concerns for the present and future can be channeled into actions that will help provide for and protect our families while still enjoying the heck out of life!
And then, there’s the book…
Survival Mom: How to Prepare Your Family for Everyday Disasters and Worst Case Scenarios. You can read all about it on my Harper Collins author page.
Thanks for visiting! You’ll also find me on:
I welcome your comments and questions. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.