It’s hard to believe, but on June 1, The Survival Mom blog will celebrate its 4th birthday!
I’m looking for a team of both men and women who are into the whole survival/prepper niche but not necessarily survivalists. These writers can come from any walk of life, can live in an apartment in the biggest cities or wake up when the roosters crow on their farms. What’s most important to me is that they are writers who want to be part of a team and contribute on a regular basis.
1. Title: Contributing writer for The Survival Mom blog. Articles may also be included in The Survival Mom Minute, my newsletter.
My Latest Videos
2. Requirements: Contribute 1-2 articles per month by specified deadline. One or two photos or graphics should be included with each article. Additional articles may be accepted, depending on editorial schedule.
3. Proficient writing skills: Articles should require minimal editing and consistently use correct grammar and spelling. They should also be on topics related to preparedness and/or survival in general.
4. Consistent communication with editor, Lisa Bedford, via email and shared folders.
Benefits to Survival Mom writing team members
1. Exposure for your byline and blog/website to nearly 150,000 visitors per month to The Survival Mom blog.
2. Each team member will be highlighted in a special section of the blog, currently being developed. This will include a brief bio, photo, list of your accomplishments (books authored, etc.), along with a link to your website.
3. Performance bonuses. Yes, there is cash involved.
4. Widespread social media for your articles on our blog.
5. Additional perks as we develop them
My needs and goals
I’m looking to expand the variety of articles here on the blog. The Survival Mom blog was established 4 years ago and has a loyal following, but it’s time to broaden our scope. Some of the topics I’d like to expand upon include:
- Disaster/emergency preparedness
- Urban survival
- Outdoor survival
- DIY projects related to preparedness and survival
- Parenting during difficult times
- Physical fitness as it relates to survival
- Financial preparedness
- Ideas and projects for families and kids
Each article needs to include at least one photograph or graphic, and these must be original. All too often, bloggers innocently use licensed photography without permission and end up facing fines. The photographs don’t have to be studio quality but should be clear, well lit, and using good composition. For graphics, I highly recommend PicMonkey.
I’m looking for articles that are interesting, engaging, and reflect your personality. They also should be well organized and easy to follow. There’s no need to write an encyclopedia-style article when your own style is casual and humorous. However, your style is all your own and will establish your own fan base.
Finally, I need a team of writers that I can depend on. Life happens but, overall, I need writers who can commit to 1 or 2 articles per month and submit them by the established deadline.
Ready to apply?
You likely have questions that haven’t been answered so far, and you’re welcome to send them my way via email at [email protected]
Click here to access the application form, which will provide a few more details. If I need more information, I’ll be in touch via email. I hope to review all applications and make my final decisions by Monday, April 28. I will let every applicant know their status by Wednesday, April 30.
Thanks so much for considering sharing your skills and knowledge with us. Feel free to share this information with anyone you know who might be interested and would make a great contributing writer to our team.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Garden Centers - March 18, 2019
- The Future of Emergency Response: 5G Ultra Wideband - March 14, 2019
- Gear Up for Gardening Season - March 14, 2019
- Why Do People Ignore Common Sense in a Crisis? - March 12, 2019
- Where do you start when everything has been lost? - March 6, 2019