Some of the links in this post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love grapefruit essential oil and just ordered a bottle for myself. I’ve used this oil from Young Living as well as from Edens Garden. If you’d like to learn more about this particular oil, here are 14 uses:
14. For a hangover, breathe in the aroma of the oil.
13. Grapefruit essential oil is rich in the antioxidant d-limonene, which is can support your body’s natural defenses. Add a drop or two to your drinking water, sparkling water, or even to lemon-lime soda.
12. Diffuse to promote a cheery, summertime ambiance. I like to mix it with lemon essential oil and orange essential oil, too.
11. Add a drop of grapefruit oil to a mug of warm water to help with digestive issues.
10. Inhale out of the bottle as a natural mood booster.
9. Diffuse to help promote alertness at your desk, in your bedroom in the morning to help wake up, and in kids’ rooms about 30 minutes before wake-up time. This is the diffuser
I bought for my daughter.
8. Add a couple of drops to the water bottle you drink from during the day for a continual energy boost.
7. Inhale or diffuse to help enhance memory. Shown to help with Alzheimer’s.
6. For swollen feet and ankles, apply on site either neat or diluted with coconut oil.
5. To help get rid of cellulite, apply topically neat (undiluted) or diluted with coconut oil.
4. Make a homemade sugar scrub with grapefruit oil.
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. cold-pressed vegetable oil (avocado oil, coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil)
Add 6 drops of grapefruit oil right before using and mix in.
Use in the bath and shower to exfoliate, nourish, moisturize, and tone the skin.
3. To help promote weight loss, add a few drops of grapefruit oil to drinking water (use glass containers) and drink. Grapefruit oil not only helps dissolve cellulite when applied topically, but helps detoxify and shrink fat cells!
2. Another way to use grapefruit oil to help with weight loss is to fill a veggie or gelatin capsule with grapefruit oil and take 1 daily during a cleanse or for a couple of weeks. Be aware that grapefruit is a natural diuretic and you will pee a lot!
1. Replace toxic beverages such as sodas and aspartame-laden “weight loss” drinks with grapefruit oil in your water. Delicious flavor, helps the body detoxify, zero calories.