I’m happy to share this great recipe because it’s so simple you’ll have it finished before your family realizes they’re actually getting a hot meal tonight!
Marinara Not From a Jar!
2 large cans whole Italian tomatoes, chopped
1/4 c. tomato paste
1/2 c. olive oil
1 crushed garlic, or more, depending on how many vampires you plan on warding off later tonight
1 T. minced onion
2 T. minced parsley
1/2 t. crushed dry oregano
1-2 T. fresh basil, thinly sliced
1 t. salt
Place all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat & cover. Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally or until sauce is reduced to about 1 quart.
**Food Storage Note: all ingredients can easily be a part of your food storage. If you use fresh basil and oregano, those can be dehydrated and stored in air-tight jars.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Cornstarch : It’s not just for gravy anymore - October 18, 2017
- Prepper to Prepper: Basic Food Storage Advice - October 9, 2017
- Don’t Freeze to Death in Your Own Home? Learn How to Live in Just One Room - October 6, 2017
- Pure Water, No Matter What: A Review of Berkey Water Filters - September 26, 2017
- Many Streams Make a Mighty Fine Income - September 25, 2017