My suburban neighbors consider rabbits cute, fuzzy pets. I consider them hasenpfeffer that will be a continuous source of meat if needed. I can even easily move the huts into my garage to prevent theft. Hubby wants a Giant Flemish Rabbit but he hasn’t talked me into that yet, though that is a nice chunk of meat!
Reptiles are still on my no-no list. My son loved his Green Anole and I admit it was cool to see him eat crickets. My problem is reptiles can carry bacteria. You can’t use them to help the homestead unless you let them go to kill insects. The big problem with that is you then have no control over their population growth, and again, you are back to having a pest control problem.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- My Story: Surviving a Powerful Summer Storm - June 20, 2017
- A Four-Seasons Emergency Plan: Summer Survival - June 17, 2017
- Summer PREP School: 48 Survival Skills for Kids to Learn This Summer! - June 14, 2017
- Sometimes You Just Need a Great Prepper Gift! - May 26, 2017
- Get 2 Survival Mom books for less than $4! - May 24, 2017