My suburban neighbors consider rabbits cute, fuzzy pets. I consider them hasenpfeffer that will be a continuous source of meat if needed. I can even easily move the huts into my garage to prevent theft. Hubby wants a Giant Flemish Rabbit but he hasn’t talked me into that yet, though that is a nice chunk of meat!
Reptiles are still on my no-no list. My son loved his Green Anole and I admit it was cool to see him eat crickets. My problem is reptiles can carry bacteria. You can’t use them to help the homestead unless you let them go to kill insects. The big problem with that is you then have no control over their population growth, and again, you are back to having a pest control problem.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Get 2 Survival Mom books for less than $4! - May 24, 2017
- 4 Top Survival Skills You Must Teach Your Kids - May 23, 2017
- Why The Instant Pot Can Make Your World A Better Place - May 20, 2017
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About MREs, and Then Some - May 13, 2017
- Spring into summer preparedness - May 12, 2017