For about $20, the Rome Cookware Double Pie Iron proved to be a priceless addition to our outdoor cook-set. My three-year-old son went absolutely bonkers during the entire grilled-cheese process!
To make ordinary grilled-cheese “smoky” and extraordinary, we simply buttered the bread, added cheese, then enclosed it in the pie-iron.
Caution! The pie-iron heats up quickly, so use the wooden handles and keep leather gloves available.
Cooking time is about five minutes, with a few flips. The pie iron is easy to open to check for charring.
The results are self-evident!
Latest posts by John A. Heatherly (see all)
- 9 Must-Haves for your Glove Box - January 30, 2018
- Water Purifier Comparison: The Sawyer Point ZeroTWO and The Berkeys - July 26, 2014
- Training Kids To Be Resilient - July 24, 2014
- Build a DIY Smoker & Make Your Own Jerky - June 21, 2014
- INSTANT SURVIVAL TIP: Dollar Store Beans and Rice - June 3, 2014