It’s 11:30 p.m. here in the Bedford household. My son is in bed and soon will be asleep. Daughter is working on a graphic design project in her room. Husband has been snoring for at least an hour, and here I am, sitting at the computer. Our pets have settled into their favorite cushions and only the kitten is awake to keep me company.
It’s quiet and peaceful. The end to a busy day.
The sound of breaking glass, the sound of a door crashing in would bring all this to a violent halt.
Home invasions have become more violent over the years, and smart Survival Moms have thought about preventive measures. Perhaps you even have multiple layers of security in your home, along with a response plan.
Like you, we have various security measures in place, but home invasions can and do happen even to the most prepared households and when the adrenaline is rushing, kids are screaming, whatever plan you have in place had better be
If you and your family suddenly heard your front door crashing in, at that very moment, what would you do?
Do you have a plan?
What would you do first? Second?
Would you run? Fight? Hide?
Share your plans, tips, and ideas here.
Resources for you:
- When do home invasions occur?
- “Today’s Survival Show: Home defense” (podcast)
- 10 Rules to prevent home invasions
- Survival Mom, chapter 8 “Essentials for safety and security”
- Home invasion robbery
- “Surviving Disaster: Home invasion” video
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 18 Things to Always Have in Your Purse - October 18, 2019
- Join my DO IT NOW Challenge! - September 30, 2019
- Smoke Shield: A life-saving layer for house fire safety - September 28, 2019
- LIVE EVENT: House Fire Safety Webinar with Dr. Nicholas Welch - September 24, 2019
- VIDEO: Home Fire Safety with The Survival Mom - September 24, 2019