It’s 11:30 p.m. here in the Bedford household. My son is in bed and soon will be asleep. Daughter is working on a graphic design project in her room. Husband has been snoring for at least an hour, and here I am, sitting at the computer. Our pets have settled into their favorite cushions and only the kitten is awake to keep me company.
It’s quiet and peaceful. The end to a busy day.
The sound of breaking glass, the sound of a door crashing in would bring all this to a violent halt.
My Latest Videos
Home invasions have become more violent over the years, and smart Survival Moms have thought about preventive measures. Perhaps you even have multiple layers of security in your home, along with a response plan.
Like you, we have various security measures in place, but home invasions can and do happen even to the most prepared households and when the adrenaline is rushing, kids are screaming, whatever plan you have in place had better be
If you and your family suddenly heard your front door crashing in, at that very moment, what would you do?
Do you have a plan?
What would you do first? Second?
Would you run? Fight? Hide?
Share your plans, tips, and ideas here.
Resources for you:
- When do home invasions occur?
- “Today’s Survival Show: Home defense” (podcast)
- 10 Rules to prevent home invasions
- Survival Mom, chapter 8 “Essentials for safety and security”
- Home invasion robbery
- “Surviving Disaster: Home invasion” video
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 27 More Tips From a Master Gardener - April 2, 2019
- 10 Ways to Use Wild Violets for Food and Medicine - April 1, 2019
- 7 Things To Do Right Now To Get Ready For a Fabulous Summer Garden - March 25, 2019
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Garden Centers - March 18, 2019
- The Future of Emergency Response: 5G Ultra Wideband - March 14, 2019