Beginning with last night’s Survival Mom Radio Hour, I’m going to be giving my readers and listeners an action step to take each week.
It may be something you’ve never thought of. It may be something you’ve already done or have thought of doing, but ACTION is, ultimately, what preparedness is all about. The survival TV shows are fun, the books and blogs are great, but when the S hits the fan, if you’re still sitting on your duff in front of a computer screen, you’ll be no better off than those who were oblivious.
ACTION STEP: This week, go through your home, garage, storage areas, etc. and look for things to sell. That’s right. If you don’t think you’ll ever use it, if you’re sorry you ever bought it, if it has any value at all, round it up and get it sold this coming week. You’ll accomplish a couple of things.
1. You’ll have cleaned out areas of your home to make way for stored food and other survival supplies.
2. You’ll have likely cleared out some clutter you won’t be falling over if you ever have to evacuate in a hurry or ward of invading zombies.
3. You’ll earn some money to pay off debt, put into savings, buy food storage, buy more ammo, whatever.
4. You’ll have helped someone else. Just this week my daughter and I were talking about her American Girl doll collection. She was more into the American Girl book series, but I bought her a couple of dolls each year. They’re in pretty good shape but they take up a lot of room, and we know it would make some little girl over the top happy this Christmas to receive a REAL American Girl doll.
5. Try Craigslist first, since it’s free and so easy to post photos. Try a garage sale, second. They can be quite a bit of work, but if you have a lot of stuff, it’s probably the best way to go. Be sure to advertise your sale on Craigslist. If your town or city has a Backpage.com, that’s another great and free way to sell goods. (You’ll find TONS of guns listed!) There are even Backpages for Canada, Australia, Ireland, and a few other countries.
That’s your ACTION STEP FOR THE WEEK. I’ll be posting a new one next Friday. Now get busy!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps - January 12, 2020
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of - January 5, 2020
- 13 Food Storage New Year’s Resolutions - January 3, 2020
- Could You Survive TEOTWAWKI in Your State? Here are the 5 Best and Worst States for Survival - December 30, 2019
- A Survival Mom’s Christmas Wish List - December 13, 2019