I so wanted Wiggy sleeping bags for everyone in my family. James Wesley Rawles raved about them on his blog and in his books, but my husband’s construction business was on a downhill slide, and money was barely there for health insurance, let alone $250 sleeping bags. If I had been convinced that only the very best (and often the most expensive) option was required to be prepared, I’d probably be writing a blog called, “Welfare Mom”!
I’d still love those Wiggy bags, but we’ve made do with less expensive ones I picked up at Target. For now, they’ll do.
Is there a piece of advice that stands out in your memory that you now realize was terrible? Not every website, book, or “expert” hands out 100% wisdom, and truth be told, there are a lot of crackpots out there in the survival/preparedness world. So what was that awful advice?
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson - August 1, 2019
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019