I so wanted Wiggy sleeping bags for everyone in my family. James Wesley Rawles raved about them on his blog and in his books, but my husband’s construction business was on a downhill slide, and money was barely there for health insurance, let alone $250 sleeping bags. If I had been convinced that only the very best (and often the most expensive) option was required to be prepared, I’d probably be writing a blog called, “Welfare Mom”!
I’d still love those Wiggy bags, but we’ve made do with less expensive ones I picked up at Target. For now, they’ll do.
Is there a piece of advice that stands out in your memory that you now realize was terrible? Not every website, book, or “expert” hands out 100% wisdom, and truth be told, there are a lot of crackpots out there in the survival/preparedness world. So what was that awful advice?
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- A Survival Mom’s Christmas Wish List - December 13, 2019
- Suggestions for Prepper/Survivalist Christmas Presents - December 5, 2019
- Don’t Just “Fall Back” This Month! Get Prepped for the Winter! - December 1, 2019
- 14 Homemade & Budget-Friendly Christmas Gifts - November 30, 2019
- 2020 Prepping Calendar: Your in-house prepping coach! - November 18, 2019