Over on The Survival Mom Facebook page, we’ve had a discussion about the perception of most Americans that this is all one big party that will never end, in spite of warnings that the cops are on their way. But there are hundreds of thousands of us, millions around the world, who view it differently and realize that this party can’t go on forever. Some of us have moved away from cities to smaller towns and rural areas, believing it’s the safest place to be when the party ends. Others are stocking up on all kinds of life’s necessities and learning how to be their own doctor.
This Survival Survey asks the question, “If everyone else around you is pretty much oblivious, then what was your trigger point that made you start preparing?”
Mine was the decline of the economy about three years ago. It was more of a gut feeling that this time something was really wrong and there was no going back. I don’t want the party to end. It’s been a fun ride, but more than that, I don’t want my family digging through garbage bins and sleeping in our Tahoe.
Your trigger point? And, if you feel like adding to your answer, why do you think so many people are still oblivious?
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- SPRING GARDEN FESTIVAL: Giveaway — Worm Bins & Seed Saving books! - March 8, 2018
- SPRING GARDEN FESTIVAL: LifeStraw PLAY Giveaway - March 7, 2018
- Prepper to Prepper: Our best gardening advice - March 6, 2018
- SPRING GARDEN FESTIVAL GIVEAWAY: The Flexware Bucket! - March 6, 2018
- SPRING GARDEN FESTIVAL: Day 2, “The first steps to a great garden” - March 5, 2018