Those are the obvious places, but there are tons of more unexpected places out there, both specialty and more mainstream chain stores.
A friend of mine runs Truck Dog USA. They specialize in items for truckers. Do you know what truckers use that might interest preppers? I had no clued until I checked out his store. They have all kinds of 12 v items from compact refrigerators (esp. for critical items such as insulin) to curling irons. They use inverters, too.
I also have a soft spot for museum and National Park Service stores.
My Latest Videos
Tuesday Morning sells sewing, canning, gardening, and even camping gear. That’s where I bought mummy bags for $20.
What are some of the more unusual places you have found to shop for prepper items?
Latest posts by Bethanne (see all)
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: JoAnn Fabrics & Crafts - October 13, 2018
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: National Parks & Historic Sites - October 8, 2018
- How Evernote Can Help Any Survival Mom Survive - October 5, 2018
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Hobby Lobby - October 1, 2018
- Camp Mommy: Easy At-Home Kids’ Activities for the Best Summer Vacation Ever - June 23, 2018