Dollar stores can be very useful when looking for items for emergency kits and overall preparedness. I’ve scoured the aisles of various dollar stores and left with everything from office supplies to canned foods. Once I was able to stock up on a large quantity of Himalayan pink salt.
We haven’t done a Survival Survey in quite a while (where I ask a question and you answer!), but I’m really interested in your experiences with the various dollar stores around the country. The most widespread seem to be:
- Dollar Tree
- Family Dollar
- Dollar General
- 99 Cents Only
- Real Deals Dollar Store
How do these dollar stores compare with each other? Do you have any strategies for shopping at certain stores on certain days? What survival and preparedness products have you found?
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019
- How to Use the LDS Food Storage Calculator - July 4, 2019
- Storing Honey Long Term - June 25, 2019