If you’ve started a food storage pantry, good for you! When I first started, my first few shelves became overloaded with grocery store foods, including a lot of prepared, convenience foods, such as canned ravioli and boxes of cereal.
Over time, I realized there was a better way to stock my shelves, and although grocery store foods remain in my pantry, I now have a better balanced pantry because it contains 3 different layers, each important in its own way:
- Grocery store food
- Ingredients and bulk foods
- Just-add-water freeze dried entrees
In this video I briefly explain these 3 layers and then discuss smart strategies for incorporating grocery store foods in your long-term storage pantry.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Last-Minute Hurricane Prepping - August 24, 2020
- The 16-Second Survival Breath - July 29, 2020
- TEOTWAWKI has finally arrived - July 21, 2020
- The Best Strategy for Homeschooling When Life Gets Hard - June 12, 2020
- Survival Shopping at Costco: A Quick and Easy Guide - June 10, 2020