If you’ve started a food storage pantry, good for you! When I first started, my first few shelves became overloaded with grocery store foods, including a lot of prepared, convenience foods, such as canned ravioli and boxes of cereal.
Over time, I realized there was a better way to stock my shelves, and although grocery store foods remain in my pantry, I now have a better balanced pantry because it contains 3 different layers, each important in its own way:
- Grocery store food
- Ingredients and bulk foods
- Just-add-water freeze dried entrees
In this video I briefly explain these 3 layers and then discuss smart strategies for incorporating grocery store foods in your long-term storage pantry.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 19 Ways People Stayed Healthy During the Great Depression - October 17, 2018
- 16 Unusual Survival Preps to Have in Your Bug Out Bag - October 16, 2018
- How Your Own Brain Could Be Your Worst Survival Enemy - October 15, 2018
- How I Organize My Emergency Supplies - October 12, 2018
- 7 Ways to Keep Your Laundry Room Safe - October 11, 2018