If you’ve started a food storage pantry, good for you! When I first started, my first few shelves became overloaded with grocery store foods, including a lot of prepared, convenience foods, such as canned ravioli and boxes of cereal.
Over time, I realized there was a better way to stock my shelves, and although grocery store foods remain in my pantry, I now have a better balanced pantry because it contains 3 different layers, each important in its own way:
- Grocery store food
- Ingredients and bulk foods
- Just-add-water freeze dried entrees
In this video I briefly explain these 3 layers and then discuss smart strategies for incorporating grocery store foods in your long-term storage pantry.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- The Thrive Life Chef Pack — a Survival Mom review - April 18, 2018
- The Top 10 Foods to NOT Store! - April 4, 2018
- Top 10 Food Storage Myths - April 2, 2018
- Blogger Round-Up: Our very best gardening advice - March 27, 2018
- Get YOUR Kindle copy of Survival Mom for just $1.99! - March 20, 2018