If you’ve started a food storage pantry, good for you! When I first started, my first few shelves became overloaded with grocery store foods, including a lot of prepared, convenience foods, such as canned ravioli and boxes of cereal.
Over time, I realized there was a better way to stock my shelves, and although grocery store foods remain in my pantry, I now have a better balanced pantry because it contains 3 different layers, each important in its own way:
- Grocery store food
- Ingredients and bulk foods
- Just-add-water freeze dried entrees
In this video I briefly explain these 3 layers and then discuss smart strategies for incorporating grocery store foods in your long-term storage pantry.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- The truth about disinfectants: Q&A with an expert - February 5, 2020
- Tackle Your Toughest Prepping Problems! (video) - January 31, 2020
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020 - January 24, 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps - January 12, 2020
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of - January 5, 2020