If you’ve started a food storage pantry, good for you! When I first started, my first few shelves became overloaded with grocery store foods, including a lot of prepared, convenience foods, such as canned ravioli and boxes of cereal.
Over time, I realized there was a better way to stock my shelves, and although grocery store foods remain in my pantry, I now have a better balanced pantry because it contains 3 different layers, each important in its own way:
- Grocery store food
- Ingredients and bulk foods
- Just-add-water freeze dried entrees
In this video I briefly explain these 3 layers and then discuss smart strategies for incorporating grocery store foods in your long-term storage pantry.
My Latest Videos
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child - January 14, 2019
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year! - January 7, 2019
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit - January 5, 2019
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions - January 3, 2019
- Get week-by-week prepping help with my 2019 calendar! - November 26, 2018