If you’ve started a food storage pantry, good for you! When I first started, my first few shelves became overloaded with grocery store foods, including a lot of prepared, convenience foods, such as canned ravioli and boxes of cereal.
Over time, I realized there was a better way to stock my shelves, and although grocery store foods remain in my pantry, I now have a better balanced pantry because it contains 3 different layers, each important in its own way:
- Grocery store food
- Ingredients and bulk foods
- Just-add-water freeze dried entrees
In this video I briefly explain these 3 layers and then discuss smart strategies for incorporating grocery store foods in your long-term storage pantry.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- How to survive a boil notice - February 19, 2018
- 2 Safety tips for your kids: The sound of gunfire & concealment vs. cover - February 15, 2018
- 4 Simple but Clever Ways to Keep Cooking Oil Fresh Longer - January 23, 2018
- 17 things you probably didn’t know about honey, but definitely should! - January 16, 2018
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions - January 3, 2018