If you’ve started a food storage pantry, good for you! When I first started, my first few shelves became overloaded with grocery store foods, including a lot of prepared, convenience foods, such as canned ravioli and boxes of cereal.
Over time, I realized there was a better way to stock my shelves, and although grocery store foods remain in my pantry, I now have a better balanced pantry because it contains 3 different layers, each important in its own way:
- Grocery store food
- Ingredients and bulk foods
- Just-add-water freeze dried entrees
In this video I briefly explain these 3 layers and then discuss smart strategies for incorporating grocery store foods in your long-term storage pantry.
My Latest Videos
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 27 More Tips From a Master Gardener - April 2, 2019
- 10 Ways to Use Wild Violets for Food and Medicine - April 1, 2019
- 7 Things To Do Right Now To Get Ready For a Fabulous Summer Garden - March 25, 2019
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Garden Centers - March 18, 2019
- The Future of Emergency Response: 5G Ultra Wideband - March 14, 2019