If you’ve started a food storage pantry, good for you! When I first started, my first few shelves became overloaded with grocery store foods, including a lot of prepared, convenience foods, such as canned ravioli and boxes of cereal.
Over time, I realized there was a better way to stock my shelves, and although grocery store foods remain in my pantry, I now have a better balanced pantry because it contains 3 different layers, each important in its own way:
- Grocery store food
- Ingredients and bulk foods
- Just-add-water freeze dried entrees
In this video I briefly explain these 3 layers and then discuss smart strategies for incorporating grocery store foods in your long-term storage pantry.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson - August 1, 2019
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019