If you’ve started a food storage pantry, good for you! When I first started, my first few shelves became overloaded with grocery store foods, including a lot of prepared, convenience foods, such as canned ravioli and boxes of cereal.
Over time, I realized there was a better way to stock my shelves, and although grocery store foods remain in my pantry, I now have a better balanced pantry because it contains 3 different layers, each important in its own way:
- Grocery store food
- Ingredients and bulk foods
- Just-add-water freeze dried entrees
In this video I briefly explain these 3 layers and then discuss smart strategies for incorporating grocery store foods in your long-term storage pantry.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 9 Tips to Avoid the Summertime Prepping Slump - July 1, 2018
- Prepper to Prepper: Survival Tips for the Ladies - June 30, 2018
- INSTANT SURVIVAL TIP: Primitive ways to stay cool - June 28, 2018
- Top Frugal & Practical Tips for Your Next Family Vacation - June 25, 2018
- Camping is more than just equipment – Here is a list of skills you need to have - June 17, 2018