It’s not all bullets, beans, and band-aids. Survival is just as much emotional, mental, and spiritual as it is having lots of STUFF.
This list was submitted by Dennis S. who notes, “I know some of this may not be politically correct in some arenas, but is the best advice this 69 year old grandfather can offer to prepare for and follow during anything the future has to offer.”
No matter what your faith, the basic advice is sound. Thanks, Dennis!
- Establish (or strengthen) a real ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Work toward trusting and relying on Him.
- Have a regular quiet time for meditation and communicating praise and worship.
- Establish a prayer journal, noting requests, answers to prayer, and blessings.
- Be thankful.
- Take steps to resolve conflicts with loved ones quickly.
- Share emotions honestly but kindly, not allowing toxic emotions to remain inside.
- Maintain transparency by admitting faults and shortcomings.
- Have neither pride in own abilities or accomplishments nor the false humility of belittling self as worthless.
- Forgive self and others totally and completely with no resentment remaining.
- Establish an attitude of giving (including non financially) and helping without being asked.
- Lovingly train our children/grandchildren by precept and the example of our own actions.
- Follow the Golden Rule of treating and speaking to others with unconditional positive regard.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson - August 1, 2019
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019