I love our February Skill of the Month: Switch from Store-Bought to Homemade. It has challenged me to track down new recipes for things I have never tried before.
Yesterday I tried brushing my teeth with bentonite clay. Look for my article on the subject of DIY dental care coming up. I’ve tried various health-drink mixes with turmeric and cayenne, started using borax powder to clean the toilets and a ball of aluminum foil to replace dryer sheets.
Sometimes, switching from store-bought to homemade has great results and sometimes it doesn’t. The internet is full of Pinterest fails.
If you need ideas, my Pinterest board is full of them. Here are some projects I’m going to try next:
- Homemade citronella candles — gearing up for mosquito season
- I still haven’t made this homemade enchilada sauce!
- Homemade deodorant to replace the all-natural version I’ve been using.
- I’d love to make homemade firebricks
- And that’s just the start of my list!
Here’s my FREE mini-guide for you!
To give you a boost this month and through the rest of the year, here’s a free copy of my brand new mini guide, “Switch From Store-Bought to Homemade.” It’s full of my own recipes, stories of things I’ve tried that worked (and failed), and links to other resources and products. If it’s helpful, be sure to share it with your friends. It will soon be available on Amazon as an ebook, but won’t be free!
I’d like to hear what you have tried this month. What new homemade product did you make?
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast! - May 6, 2020
- Spring Gardening: 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat - April 29, 2020
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List - April 19, 2020
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI - April 15, 2020
- Make Your Own Yeast - March 24, 2020