Yesterday morning I had the privilege of being interviewed by Virginia Prescott of New Hampshire Public Radio. Jessica Bennett of Newsweek, the terrific reporter who wrote Survivalism Lite, was on the interview as well. You can listen to the interview here. Virginia is a terrific journalist, and I enjoyed being challenged by her interesting questions.
The $4000 or so we’ve spent on our food storage, as reported in Newsweek and in this interview, continues to be mentioned and questioned. Some have commented, “I could feed my family for a year on that!” Well, we have about six month’s worth of food, at least, but some of the 4K has been invested in freeze-dried food, which is more expensive up front. Part of our freeze-dried goods include meat, chicken, and cottage cheese, among the most expensive freeze dried foods on the market. With growing kids and a hungry husband, I wanted to be sure that we had protein in a variety of forms: freeze dried, frozen, canned, and dehydrated. Whatever you’re doing with your food storage and other preps, just keep doing what you’re doing, where you are, with what you have.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- SPRING GARDEN FESTIVAL: Giveaway — Worm Bins & Seed Saving books! - March 8, 2018
- SPRING GARDEN FESTIVAL: LifeStraw PLAY Giveaway - March 7, 2018
- Prepper to Prepper: Our best gardening advice - March 6, 2018
- SPRING GARDEN FESTIVAL GIVEAWAY: The Flexware Bucket! - March 6, 2018
- SPRING GARDEN FESTIVAL: Day 2, “The first steps to a great garden” - March 5, 2018