At some point in your preparedness journey you’ll begin to research ways to purify water. Besides bleach, boiling, and other methods, a Berkey Water Filter is a top choice. Many people use their Berkey every day for better tasting water or perhaps because they don’t want fluoridated water. The array of Berkeys was confusing to me, and I was never sure which one would suit my family best.
In a nutshell:
- Travel berkey – 1.5 gallons – holds 2 Black Berkey elements. Great for up to 2 people.
- Berkey light – 2.75 gallons – holds 4 Black Berkey elements. Great for up to 4 people.
- Big Berkey – 2.25 gallons – can hold up to 4 Black Berkey elements. Great for up to 4 people.
- Royal Berkey – 3.25 gallons – can hold up to 4 Black Berkey elements. Great for up to 5 people.
- Imperial Berkey – 4.5 gallons – Can hold up to 6 Black Berkey elements. Great for up to 7 people.
- Crown Berkey – 6 gallons – Can hold up to 8 Black Berkey elements. Great for 8 or more people.
After shopping around, you may decide a different water system is best for you, but learning about a Berkey is a good place to start your research.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why - May 30, 2020
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast! - May 6, 2020
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat - April 29, 2020
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List - April 19, 2020
- 28 Inconvenient Truths About TEOTWAWKI - April 15, 2020