At some point in your preparedness journey you’ll begin to research ways to purify water. Besides bleach, boiling, and other methods, a Berkey Water Filter is a top choice. Many people use their Berkey every day for better tasting water or perhaps because they don’t want fluoridated water. The array of Berkeys was confusing to me, and I was never sure which one would suit my family best.
In a nutshell:
- Travel berkey – 1.5 gallons – holds 2 Black Berkey elements. Great for up to 2 people.
- Berkey light – 2.75 gallons – holds 4 Black Berkey elements. Great for up to 4 people.
- Big Berkey – 2.25 gallons – can hold up to 4 Black Berkey elements. Great for up to 4 people.
- Royal Berkey – 3.25 gallons – can hold up to 4 Black Berkey elements. Great for up to 5 people.
- Imperial Berkey – 4.5 gallons – Can hold up to 6 Black Berkey elements. Great for up to 7 people.
- Crown Berkey – 6 gallons – Can hold up to 8 Black Berkey elements. Great for 8 or more people.
After shopping around, you may decide a different water system is best for you, but learning about a Berkey is a good place to start your research.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson - August 1, 2019
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019