What do you use for your every day stovetop cooking? Chances are, you’re like a lot of us who own fairly nice cookware. My set is nice, but I’d never want to use it over a gas grill, campfire or campstove. One major reason is that it isn’t safe to use non-stick cookware over a fire.
Last year when I began lurking around garage and estate sales, I started picking up used, and cheap, pots, pans, and an old-fashioned coffeepot. They are all pieces I wouldn’t mind putting over an open flame. In fact, a couple of them look like they’ve already done some hard time over campfires!
If your culinary skills are ever put to the test in less than ideal conditions, you’ll be glad to have a few of these pots and pans for your cooking, and they are so easy to find in thrift stores and at garage sales. While you’re at it, keep a sharp eye out for cast iron cookware as well. Purchased new, it can be a bit pricey.
My Latest Videos
Hey, if your cookware is already old and crummy, this is one prepping step you don’t have to worry about!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 32 Survival Skills Your Child Should Know and Be Able to Do ASAP! - May 21, 2019
- My Story: Surviving a Powerful Summer Storm - May 18, 2019
- Household Items That Can Be Used as Organic Fertilizer - May 14, 2019
- Diatomaceous Earth for Controlling Pests - May 6, 2019
- 27 More Tips From a Master Gardener - April 2, 2019