I teach about the importance of the Rule of 3 in my webinar class, “Survival Rules You Can’t Afford to Ignore,” and recently applied the rule to identifying the most likely scenarios for prepping. It’s so simple, I don’t know why it hadn’t occurred to me before!
If you’re wondering what to prepare for first, answer these 3 questions:
- What is the most likely natural disaster that might occur in your area?
- What is the most likely extreme weather event that might affect you?
- What is the most likely personal or man-made disaster that might occur?
Once you answer these three questions, you have 3 events to plan for. To refine your decisions and actions even further, order these 3 events from most urgent to least urgent. For example, if you consider a blizzard to be the most likely weather event but summer is right around the corner, perhaps the natural or man-made disaster on your list should be given the highest priority for now.
Is your list finished? Well, get busy!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever - September 19, 2019
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge! - September 17, 2019
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson - August 1, 2019
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019