I teach about the importance of the Rule of 3 in my webinar class, “Survival Rules You Can’t Afford to Ignore,” and recently applied the rule to identifying the most likely scenarios for prepping. It’s so simple, I don’t know why it hadn’t occurred to me before!
If you’re wondering what to prepare for first, answer these 3 questions:
- What is the most likely natural disaster that might occur in your area?
- What is the most likely extreme weather event that might affect you?
- What is the most likely personal or man-made disaster that might occur?
Once you answer these three questions, you have 3 events to plan for. To refine your decisions and actions even further, order these 3 events from most urgent to least urgent. For example, if you consider a blizzard to be the most likely weather event but summer is right around the corner, perhaps the natural or man-made disaster on your list should be given the highest priority for now.
Is your list finished? Well, get busy!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Make the Most of Your Shelter-in-Place Days - March 22, 2020
- How to Shelter in Place Without Going Crazy - March 19, 2020
- The truth about disinfectants: Q&A with an expert - February 5, 2020
- Tackle Your Toughest Prepping Problems! (video) - January 31, 2020
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020 - January 24, 2020