I teach about the importance of the Rule of 3 in my webinar class, “Survival Rules You Can’t Afford to Ignore,” and recently applied the rule to identifying the most likely scenarios for prepping. It’s so simple, I don’t know why it hadn’t occurred to me before!
If you’re wondering what to prepare for first, answer these 3 questions:
- What is the most likely natural disaster that might occur in your area?
- What is the most likely extreme weather event that might affect you?
- What is the most likely personal or man-made disaster that might occur?
Once you answer these three questions, you have 3 events to plan for. To refine your decisions and actions even further, order these 3 events from most urgent to least urgent. For example, if you consider a blizzard to be the most likely weather event but summer is right around the corner, perhaps the natural or man-made disaster on your list should be given the highest priority for now.
My Latest Videos
Is your list finished? Well, get busy!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child - January 14, 2019
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year! - January 7, 2019
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions - January 3, 2019
- Get week-by-week prepping help with my 2019 calendar! - November 26, 2018
- How to Survive the Growing Wave of Civil Unrest - October 24, 2018