I’ve been kind of slow coming around to viewing solar backpacks as a survival necessity because I trend toward thinking in terms of worst case scenarios. In such a scenario, electronics will likely be completely worthless, but! We’re not there yet and may never be.
So, circling back around to the solar backpack, I started remembering all the times I was out with the kids and my cell phone battery was dead. Once, on a trip to Lake Tahoe, my phone died at a critical moment, just as I was depending on the GPS to tell me which highway to take! At other times, I sure could have used a charge for my laptop for one reason or another.
Very often, we moms depend on electronics as a form of security. That’s why, when I received a lovely sample solar backpack from BirkSun, I realized that it wasn’t just a luxury plaything but something that could really make a difference in an emergency.
Yes, there could be an EMP that totally wipes out our electric grid from coast to coast, but until then I still want to be able to have a cell phone and other electronics that are charged when it matters most.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Join my DO IT NOW Challenge! - September 30, 2019
- Smoke Shield: A life-saving layer for house fire safety - September 28, 2019
- LIVE EVENT: House Fire Safety Webinar with Dr. Nicholas Welch - September 24, 2019
- VIDEO: Home Fire Safety with The Survival Mom - September 24, 2019
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever - September 19, 2019