I’ve been kind of slow coming around to viewing solar backpacks as a survival necessity because I trend toward thinking in terms of worst case scenarios. In such a scenario, electronics will likely be completely worthless, but! We’re not there yet and may never be.
So, circling back around to the solar backpack, I started remembering all the times I was out with the kids and my cell phone battery was dead. Once, on a trip to Lake Tahoe, my phone died at a critical moment, just as I was depending on the GPS to tell me which highway to take! At other times, I sure could have used a charge for my laptop for one reason or another.
Very often, we moms depend on electronics as a form of security. That’s why, when I received a lovely sample solar backpack from BirkSun, I realized that it wasn’t just a luxury plaything but something that could really make a difference in an emergency.
Yes, there could be an EMP that totally wipes out our electric grid from coast to coast, but until then I still want to be able to have a cell phone and other electronics that are charged when it matters most.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- A Survival Mom’s Christmas Wish List - December 13, 2019
- Suggestions for Prepper/Survivalist Christmas Presents - December 5, 2019
- Don’t Just “Fall Back” This Month! Get Prepped for the Winter! - December 1, 2019
- 14 Homemade & Budget-Friendly Christmas Gifts - November 30, 2019
- 2020 Prepping Calendar: Your in-house prepping coach! - November 18, 2019