I’ve been kind of slow coming around to viewing solar backpacks as a survival necessity because I trend toward thinking in terms of worst case scenarios. In such a scenario, electronics will likely be completely worthless, but! We’re not there yet and may never be.
So, circling back around to the solar backpack, I started remembering all the times I was out with the kids and my cell phone battery was dead. Once, on a trip to Lake Tahoe, my phone died at a critical moment, just as I was depending on the GPS to tell me which highway to take! At other times, I sure could have used a charge for my laptop for one reason or another.
Very often, we moms depend on electronics as a form of security. That’s why, when I received a lovely sample solar backpack from BirkSun, I realized that it wasn’t just a luxury plaything but something that could really make a difference in an emergency.
Yes, there could be an EMP that totally wipes out our electric grid from coast to coast, but until then I still want to be able to have a cell phone and other electronics that are charged when it matters most.
My Latest Videos
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 27 More Tips From a Master Gardener - April 2, 2019
- 10 Ways to Use Wild Violets for Food and Medicine - April 1, 2019
- 7 Things To Do Right Now To Get Ready For a Fabulous Summer Garden - March 25, 2019
- Last-Chance Apocalypse Shopping: Garden Centers - March 18, 2019
- The Future of Emergency Response: 5G Ultra Wideband - March 14, 2019