I hit the jackpot this last weekend, and it was a pretty big one. My kids and I were doing the estate/garage sale route, and one of the estate sales we visited had a huge amount of medical supplies at rock bottom prices. When I saw boxes of latex exam gloves for a dollar a box, I grabbed them all! Also on the shelf were boxes of bandaids, sterile gauze pads, rolls of adhesive and gauze tape, and antibiotic ointment packets. In all, I spent $8 and left with a ton of supplies for our first aid kits!
Very often, elderly patients receiving in-home care accumulate supplies just like these. They’re perfectly good, sometimes come in never-opened packages, and are a quick and easy way to stock up. You also may find stethoscopes, thermometers, heating pads, and a lot more. Keep an eye out for estate sales, in particular, especially if you live near a retirement community.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever - September 19, 2019
- Build your emergency kit with this Junk Drawer Challenge! - September 17, 2019
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson - August 1, 2019
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019