I hit the jackpot this last weekend, and it was a pretty big one. My kids and I were doing the estate/garage sale route, and one of the estate sales we visited had a huge amount of medical supplies at rock bottom prices. When I saw boxes of latex exam gloves for a dollar a box, I grabbed them all! Also on the shelf were boxes of bandaids, sterile gauze pads, rolls of adhesive and gauze tape, and antibiotic ointment packets. In all, I spent $8 and left with a ton of supplies for our first aid kits!
Very often, elderly patients receiving in-home care accumulate supplies just like these. They’re perfectly good, sometimes come in never-opened packages, and are a quick and easy way to stock up. You also may find stethoscopes, thermometers, heating pads, and a lot more. Keep an eye out for estate sales, in particular, especially if you live near a retirement community.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 25 Things I Learned From Long Term Camping - June 13, 2019
- Could You Stomach These Great Depression Meals? - June 7, 2019
- How to Make a Faraday Cage - June 1, 2019
- A Four-Seasons Emergency Plan: Summer Survival - May 24, 2019
- 32 Survival Skills Your Child Should Know and Be Able to Do ASAP! - May 21, 2019