I hit the jackpot this last weekend, and it was a pretty big one. My kids and I were doing the estate/garage sale route, and one of the estate sales we visited had a huge amount of medical supplies at rock bottom prices. When I saw boxes of latex exam gloves for a dollar a box, I grabbed them all! Also on the shelf were boxes of bandaids, sterile gauze pads, rolls of adhesive and gauze tape, and antibiotic ointment packets. In all, I spent $8 and left with a ton of supplies for our first aid kits!
Very often, elderly patients receiving in-home care accumulate supplies just like these. They’re perfectly good, sometimes come in never-opened packages, and are a quick and easy way to stock up. You also may find stethoscopes, thermometers, heating pads, and a lot more. Keep an eye out for estate sales, in particular, especially if you live near a retirement community.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout - June 4, 2020
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why - May 30, 2020
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast! - May 6, 2020
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat - April 29, 2020
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List - April 19, 2020