For most of this week I have been vacationing on the Isle of Family Stomach Flu. It’s been a whirlwind of activity: loads of extra laundry, tracking down our only thermometer, and races to the bathroom. Yuck. I was too miserable to venture out to the store for what I wanted most, ginger ale. This got me thinking about the need to stock up on things we seem to need only when we’re sick. Ginger ale, saltine crackers, and mint tea come to mind, and another one or two thermometers wouldn’t hurt. I’m also going to try my hand at dehydrating slices of ginger, not just for nausea but for the many times I want to make an Asian dish and that’s the only ingredient I don’t have. What else should be in the pantry for the next time this miserable bug visits our house, or yours?
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Make the Most of Your Shelter-in-Place Days - March 22, 2020
- How to Shelter in Place Without Going Crazy - March 19, 2020
- The truth about disinfectants: Q&A with an expert - February 5, 2020
- Tackle Your Toughest Prepping Problems! (video) - January 31, 2020
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020 - January 24, 2020