For most of this week I have been vacationing on the Isle of Family Stomach Flu. It’s been a whirlwind of activity: loads of extra laundry, tracking down our only thermometer, and races to the bathroom. Yuck. I was too miserable to venture out to the store for what I wanted most, ginger ale. This got me thinking about the need to stock up on things we seem to need only when we’re sick. Ginger ale, saltine crackers, and mint tea come to mind, and another one or two thermometers wouldn’t hurt. I’m also going to try my hand at dehydrating slices of ginger, not just for nausea but for the many times I want to make an Asian dish and that’s the only ingredient I don’t have. What else should be in the pantry for the next time this miserable bug visits our house, or yours?
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019
- How to Use the LDS Food Storage Calculator - July 4, 2019