Survival foods are sort of like a clique. Rice, beans, wheat, and SPAM just sort of stick together like a bevy of popular cheerleaders. Yeah, we know they’re necessary, but what about all the other girls on campus? In the world of survival food, or food for long-term storage, store-bought sauces are the wallflowers. They add so much to any meal, yet how many food storage checklists include soy sauce or Frank’s Hot Sauce? The irony is that these sauces make those other foods in the Survival Food Clique tasty and appetizing.
If you normally use any of these sauces, they’re worth adding to your pantry and food-storage lists.
- soy sauce
- teriyaki sauce
- Tabasco, Cholula or the hot sauce of your choice
- Frank’s Hot Sauce
- HP sauce, a British favorite
- Heinz 57
Some, but not all, of these sauces can be made at home. Experiment with recipes for ketchup, try your hand at making your own pepper hot sauce, and if you like your version better, be sure to stock up on the ingredients! Otherwise, look for sales and coupons for your sauce must-haves!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Join my DO IT NOW Challenge! - September 30, 2019
- Smoke Shield: A life-saving layer for house fire safety - September 28, 2019
- LIVE EVENT: House Fire Safety Webinar with Dr. Nicholas Welch - September 24, 2019
- VIDEO: Home Fire Safety with The Survival Mom - September 24, 2019
- A House Fire Changed My Family Forever - September 19, 2019