Many years ago I bought two Gymboree baby blankets for each of my children. We keep them rolled up and stored beneath the back seat of the Tahoe. My kids are now much older, but these blankets are still indispensable!
They are super soft 100% cotton, about 30″x40″, reversible, very soft, and machine washable. Since they’re reversible, you only need to wash them when both sides are stained!
We’ve used them as changing pads, sunscreens on the car windows, picnic/beach blankets and much more. They make great privacy screens when kids are changing clothes or using the portable potty chair, and we’ve used ours more than once to mop up spills. Wet one corner down, it’s a washcloth! Use the rest of the blanket as a towel! For adults they’re great lap blankets, not too heavy, not too light.
They run about $20 on the Gymboree website, and you can find retired patterns on eBay as well. There are hundreds of designs to choose from, so have fun shopping!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019
- How to Use the LDS Food Storage Calculator - July 4, 2019
- Storing Honey Long Term - June 25, 2019