While doing some research for a future blog post, I came across a document produced by the Ohio State University Extension office. An awful lot of people have been experiencing power outages due to storms and flooding, and suddenly find themselves wondering, “What are we going to eat now that the power is out?”
This pdf document, “Eating nutritiously when the lights are out“, provides three daily menus and a list of kitchen tools to have on hand. What I like best is that these same food ideas can be used to stock emergency kits, 72 Hour Bags, and the like. The work of figuring out interesting meals has already been done for you. The menu pages are definitely worth printing out and filing away in your Survival Mom binder. Bon appetit!
By the way, I’ve created my own list of recommended foods that are shelf stable and ideal for power-outage meals. You can download and print that list here.
My Latest Videos
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child - January 14, 2019
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year! - January 7, 2019
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions - January 3, 2019
- Get week-by-week prepping help with my 2019 calendar! - November 26, 2018
- How to Survive the Growing Wave of Civil Unrest - October 24, 2018