While doing some research for a future blog post, I came across a document produced by the Ohio State University Extension office. An awful lot of people have been experiencing power outages due to storms and flooding, and suddenly find themselves wondering, “What are we going to eat now that the power is out?”
This pdf document, “Eating nutritiously when the lights are out“, provides three daily menus and a list of kitchen tools to have on hand. What I like best is that these same food ideas can be used to stock emergency kits, 72 Hour Bags, and the like. The work of figuring out interesting meals has already been done for you. The menu pages are definitely worth printing out and filing away in your Survival Mom binder. Bon appetit!
By the way, I’ve created my own list of recommended foods that are shelf stable and ideal for power-outage meals. You can download and print that list here.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson - August 1, 2019
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019