Lately, I’ve received several questions about grinding foods other than wheat in a grain mill. Someone on a gluten-free diet might grind rice to make her own rice flour. A wheat mill could double as a coffee grinder, thus saving money. Right? Well, that all depends.
Some foods, such as coffee beans, contain oils which will clog the workings of your mill. Unless you know for certain that the manufacturer of your mill okays its use with corn, rice, or other foods, don’t do it! Before grinding anything other than wheat, be sure to check your mill’s product information. If you no longer have that information on hand, check the manufacturer’s website or do a Google search for your mill by name and model number.
My Latest Videos
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 32 Survival Skills Your Child Should Know and Be Able to Do ASAP! - May 21, 2019
- My Story: Surviving a Powerful Summer Storm - May 18, 2019
- Household Items That Can Be Used as Organic Fertilizer - May 14, 2019
- Diatomaceous Earth for Controlling Pests - May 6, 2019
- 27 More Tips From a Master Gardener - April 2, 2019