Lately, I’ve received several questions about grinding foods other than wheat in a grain mill. Someone on a gluten-free diet might grind rice to make her own rice flour. A wheat mill could double as a coffee grinder, thus saving money. Right? Well, that all depends.
Some foods, such as coffee beans, contain oils which will clog the workings of your mill. Unless you know for certain that the manufacturer of your mill okays its use with corn, rice, or other foods, don’t do it! Before grinding anything other than wheat, be sure to check your mill’s product information. If you no longer have that information on hand, check the manufacturer’s website or do a Google search for your mill by name and model number.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- The truth about disinfectants: Q&A with an expert - February 5, 2020
- Tackle Your Toughest Prepping Problems! (video) - January 31, 2020
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020 - January 24, 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps - January 12, 2020
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of - January 5, 2020