I have been a proud, card-carrying member of The Great Conspicuous Consumption Club for quite a few years. A lesson from the Great Depression has helped change my perspective. It’s easy to remember.
Use it up.
Wear it out.
Make it do or
This was a fashionable motto just 80 years ago, and now, many of us are beginning to think this way again. Adjusting your mindset to the wisdom in this little rhyme could free up a good portion of money each month to help you with your food storage and other preparedness goals. I’m glad this bit of wisdom from our great-grandparents didn’t go the way of the flour-sack dress!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- A Survival Mom’s Christmas Wish List - December 13, 2019
- Suggestions for Prepper/Survivalist Christmas Presents - December 5, 2019
- Don’t Just “Fall Back” This Month! Get Prepped for the Winter! - December 1, 2019
- 14 Homemade & Budget-Friendly Christmas Gifts - November 30, 2019
- 2020 Prepping Calendar: Your in-house prepping coach! - November 18, 2019