Two years ago when our family went to Disney World, I picked up three or four collapsible nylon bags. These bags collapse into an attached pouch and when zipped up, they take up as much room as half of a banana. Yeah, they’re bright yellow and orange, hardly tactical colors, but let me tell you why they might be worth having.
My vehicle emergency kit is (excessively) well-stocked, but I’ve realized that some emergencies might require us to abandon the Tahoe and get to safety on foot. In that case, we would have to leave nearly everything behind, including items that might be life-saving. The two nylon bags I’ve stuffed in a corner of my kit can expand to hold an awful lot of stuff and take up only the tiniest bit of space.
It sure wouldn’t hurt to have one of these in each 72 Hour Kit or Bug Out Bag, just in case.
In the likelihood that we aren’t facing an emergency but a family vacation that has ended up in way too many take-home souvenirs, we’ll be ready for that, too!
(The Kiva Duffel Bag that is pictured here is just like the one my mom gave me as a stocking stuffer one year. Little did she realize she was helping her paranoid daughter prepare for an emergency!)
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson - August 1, 2019
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019