I made my favorite marinara sauce this weekend, and was thrilled to see that I had all the ingredients in our food storage, and then some! With just a two cans of tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, olive oil, and a few herbs, I had my sauce ready to go! Ditto for the Mexican Rice I made last night.
To make sure you’re stocking up on food that you will actually use, try this. Pay attention to each recipe you make and begin stocking up on those ingredients. If your family never eats tuna, don’t waste your money buying canned tuna! On the other hand, if you’re constantly running out of chicken broth or peanut butter, well, you know where your focus needs to be!
With fresh produce and meat, consider buying freeze dried or dehydrated versions of those ingredients or learning how to can them. You can even dehydrate your own. It’s easy. The important step is knowing what to store, so you can begin to stock up!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019
- How to Use the LDS Food Storage Calculator - July 4, 2019
- Storing Honey Long Term - June 25, 2019
- Ready for SUMMER SURVIVAL SCHOOL? - June 21, 2019