Okay, maybe the title is a bit on the alarmist side, but the times are sure changing. Whether it’s the end of the world as we know it, an economic meltdown, or just a lengthy period of uncertainty and turmoil, these tips will help you prepare.
1. Get your finances in order. Whether our economy experiences hyper-inflation, deflation or a complete meltdown, it will be important to be as debt free as possible. Additionally, save as much money as possible. Suze Orman is now advising people to save before paying off debt.
2. Store food and supplies. Every household should have at least three months worth of food and supplies. This will see you through a period of unemployment as well as provide for you and your family if food and other supplies run short. Remember essentials such as soap, over the counter medications, and paper products.
3. Secure your home. Gerald Celente says, “Desperate people do desperate things,” and an apocalyptic event that leaves hundreds of thousands of people homeless and hungry may usher in a time of higher crime.
My Latest Videos
4. Prepare to defend yourself. Now is the time to increase your muscle strength and physical endurance. Take self-defense classes. Learn how to use a firearm for self-defense.
5. Water means survival. If your water supply became tainted or was suddenly stopped, how would you survive? Learn how to purify water, store water, and find alternative water sources. A human being will only live for a few days without water.
6. Learn as much as you can. Learn new, practical skills such as carpentry, sewing, and fishing. Arm yourself with knowledge, and then look for ways to put that knowledge to use.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child - January 14, 2019
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year! - January 7, 2019
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit - January 5, 2019
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions - January 3, 2019
- Get week-by-week prepping help with my 2019 calendar! - November 26, 2018