My suburban neighbors consider rabbits cute, fuzzy pets. I consider them hasenpfeffer that will be a continuous source of meat if needed. I can even easily move the huts into my garage to prevent theft. Hubby wants a Giant Flemish Rabbit but he hasn’t talked me into that yet, though that is a nice chunk of meat!
Reptiles are still on my no-no list. My son loved his Green Anole and I admit it was cool to see him eat crickets. My problem is reptiles can carry bacteria. You can’t use them to help the homestead unless you let them go to kill insects. The big problem with that is you then have no control over their population growth, and again, you are back to having a pest control problem.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- The truth about disinfectants: Q&A with an expert - February 5, 2020
- Tackle Your Toughest Prepping Problems! (video) - January 31, 2020
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020 - January 24, 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps - January 12, 2020
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of - January 5, 2020