UPDATE: The sale on Survival Mom is over. If you snapped it up at the $1.99 price, you got a bargain. At the regular price, though, you get a 5-star survival and prepping book that is a fun read and may be the only survival manual your family needs. Here are a few of my favorite reviews:
THE SURIVAL MOM is the best book on surival I have ever read. I have told my friends and family about it and plan on buying it for my children. It is a must have book. It is easy to read and follow even on a budget it shows you how to start preparing. Even my husband loves it. He agrees it is the best book we have found and we have bought several and borrowed others. – Anonymous, Barnes & Noble
Let me begin by saying I’ve not taken time out to write many reviews, but this book is so complete and well thought out that I felt compelled to write something. I am an avid fan of many different blogs on emergency preparedness and survival topics, and Lisa’s website is one of my favorites. Since I have been an avid reader of Lisa’s website for years, I doubted this book would have much new information-but I was so wrong. – G. Martin, Amazon
This book is BEYOND informative! It is a simple guide which helped to get me started with a good plan of action. I refer back to it again and again!! – Kristin G., Amazon
- How to stock up on the right foods for your family
- How to safely store and purify water
- How to handle sanitation (think toilets, showers, laundry) when there’s little water or the power is out
- How to pack all types of emergency bags, even for kids and the elderly
- How to prepare yourself and your family financially for an economic set-back
- What items you should always keep in your purse
- How to set up a safe room in your house
- What principles to remember so you’re always situationally aware
- AND tons more!
I LOVED writing this book because it was from the perspective of a MOM, written for MOMS and families. It’s not one of those hardcore “if you’re not a Navy SEAL, you’ll perish!!” type of books! Maybe that explains it’s very, very long stream of 5 star reviews.
Now, the price of this book is set by Amazon and my publisher. I have nothing to do with it and have no idea when this price will end, but for NOW, it’s just $1.99!! (Check current price as this sale has ended.)
Of course I own a couple of hard copies of the book (you should get that, too!), but I actually bought the Kindle version because it’s so easy to search for what I want. And, since the book is a reference book, I’ve searched for things like “natural remedies”, “vehicle emergency kit”, and “hurricanes”. The hard copy has an awesome index, but the ebook version is even quicker.
By the way, it looks like the paperback price is also marked down — $13.80. Again, that price could change in a moment, but it’s usually at the $15-16 mark.
LINK TO BUY: http://amzn.to/2qb5nCF
To match this price, I lowered the price of my second book, this one is self-published, to $1.99 also! Emergency Evacuations: How to Get Out Fast When It Matters Most, digs deep into the whole evacuation event:
- What types of events might cause you to have to leave your home?
- How can you get out fast when you have little kids or a handicapped loved one?
- What should always be in your emergency kit/bug out bag?
- When you don’t have a “bug out location”, where else can you go? I think you’ll be surprised by some of my very creative suggestions!
- How can you keep your vehicles ready to go, at a moment’s notice?
- What if you have elderly or special needs loved ones to consider?
This book has also received a long stream of 5 star reviews on Amazon. It’s a quick read but I know the checklists and information will be invaluable.
LINK TO BUY: http://amzn.to/2rh2hNu
This one is also available in paperback at $8.99.
A couple of sample reviews:
Again, the price of Survival Mom could change at any moment, so get both books while you can — less than $4, or less than the price of one Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccinos!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019
- How to Use the LDS Food Storage Calculator - July 4, 2019
- Storing Honey Long Term - June 25, 2019