For about $20, the Rome Cookware Double Pie Iron proved to be a priceless addition to our outdoor cook-set. My three-year-old son went absolutely bonkers during the entire grilled-cheese process!
To make ordinary grilled-cheese “smoky” and extraordinary, we simply buttered the bread, added cheese, then enclosed it in the pie-iron.
Caution! The pie-iron heats up quickly, so use the wooden handles and keep leather gloves available.
Cooking time is about five minutes, with a few flips. The pie iron is easy to open to check for charring.
The results are self-evident!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 6 Important Survival Lessons I Learned as a Scout - June 4, 2020
- The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why - May 30, 2020
- Simple Food Storage Meals for Tight Times: Stock up on three months worth, fast! - May 6, 2020
- 5 Common Sense Steps to Grow What You Eat - April 29, 2020
- Prepper Food: 5 Fresh Essentials That Must Be On Your List - April 19, 2020