- Saved bags of dryer lint.
- Bought dozens of rolls of nickels.
- Stored 50+ empty 2-liter soda bottles
- Taught my kids to hit the floor when I yell, “Kids! Hit the floor!” If I ever have to fire a gun with them around, I want to know they’re out of firing range.
- Bought out nearly an entire online survival store that was going out of business. Mayday bars? Got those. Emergency candles? Got those.
- Read One Second After in a day and a half. And then I lost sleep for a month.
- Shopped for “cute” brown and green clothing, a la James Rawle’s advice.
- Bought hundreds of pounds of wheat before I ever owned a mill.
- Maneuvered conversations to talk of survival and TEOTWAWKI with multiple unwitting victims
- Saved corks from wine bottles in order to have a way to blacken my face.
- Asked my befuddled neighbor if she could hear any cars when she came over to ask about a power outage. (Another One Second After reference)
- Seriously checked out real estate listings, specifically looking for properties with a gravity-fed well and concrete construction
The following two tabs change content below.
I'm the original Survival Mom, and have been helping moms worry less and enjoy their homes and families more for 9 years.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson - August 1, 2019
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019