OK, OK, they’re not getting fat, exactly, but they are outgrowing their clothes and shoes at an alarming rate. Naturally, Santa will be leaving a few new outfits under the tree this year and maybe even a pair or two of shoes. However, Santa’s money bag is a bit slim, and she’s he’s chasing down bargains wherever they can be found.
This holiday season, more than ever, retailers will be slashing their prices and doing whatever it takes to make a sale, short of throwing in a free Caribbean cruise! I plan on buying my gifts at those bargain prices, but more importantly, I’m looking to stock up on clothes and shoes for my kids in the sizes they’ll be wearing next year. Why not take advantage of some great seasonal markdowns on items you know you’ll be needing within a few months? Not only will you make some lucky retailer very happy, but you’ll have necessary items that will be put to use in short order.
Since I’m on the subject of holiday giving, let’s all keep in mind those individuals and families who may be facing their leanest holiday season ever. If your budget allows, grab some bargain-priced gifts to bless those in your community who need it the most.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- The truth about disinfectants: Q&A with an expert - February 5, 2020
- Tackle Your Toughest Prepping Problems! (video) - January 31, 2020
- Join my new 5-day Challenge, DO IT NOW 2020 - January 24, 2020
- Organize Your Emergency Evacuation in 5 Simple Steps - January 12, 2020
- 13 Survival Must-Haves You May Not Have Thought Of - January 5, 2020