- the top items to store for barter
- bugging in vs. bugging out
- what should be included in a bug out bag
I’m weary of these discussions, and at least one of them can be put to rest with Creek Stewart’s new book, Build the Perfect Bug Out Bag.
Was I excited to receive this book to review? Not exactly. My bookshelves are full of survival and preparedness books written by men, and they pretty much re-hash the same things over and over again and cover topics not in my areas of interest. This book, however, is different. It’s interesting to read, contains photos that illustrate important concepts (uses for an emergency blanket, for example), and is comprehensive.
Creek was smart to zero in one a single narrow topic, bug out bags, and then write The book on the topic. Seriously. Nothing more needs to be said about bug out bags. He covers every possible angle of these bags from choosing the right style and size to how to organize the contents, which type of lighting and communication devices to carry, considerations for food, and tons more.
My Latest Videos
The book contains dozens of photos, shaded boxes with Survival Quick Tips, an index, charts, and checklists. Heck, for the ladies, there are plenty of photos of Creek who is cute, in a cleancut-hippie kind of way!
Creek’s background is in wilderness survival, which he teaches at his own training facility, Willow Haven Outdoor, in Indiana. I first found Willow Haven when I was searching for survival apps for my Android phone. The app was well designed, so apparently, Creek sets his standards pretty high for anything he produces, and that would include this book.
Build the Perfect Bug Out Bag would be the perfect gift for any guy, and I feel confident in giving it my highest recommendation for women, too, and for a “guy book”, that’s a pretty high recommendation, indeed!
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- 3 Key Medical Concepts to Teach Every Child - January 14, 2019
- 52 Weeks Savings Plan: Give this a try and have an extra $1378 by the end of the year! - January 7, 2019
- Build Your Best-Ever Emergency Kit - January 5, 2019
- 13 Food Storage Resolutions - January 3, 2019
- Get week-by-week prepping help with my 2019 calendar! - November 26, 2018