My son has the heart of an adventurer, a hero. When he was only two, he made a “gun” out of a pizza crust, and I knew, then, that there was no point in fighting it. Instead, I’ve given him my blessing and permission to be all boy!
A few months ago, I found a book that speaks to that adventurous heart of his, The American Boy’s Handy Book. It’s a new edition of a classic book first published in 1882. My little guy has studied knot-tying techniques, how to spear fish, and snowball warfare. He’s even tried to teach our Basenji to retrieve using ideas in Chapter 24!
The book has thirty-one chapters chock-full of ideas to keep your adventure-loving boy busy while learning practical, timeless skills.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- Basic Facts About Freeze-Dried Food – Video lesson - August 1, 2019
- Green Coffee Beans: Simple Methods to Roast the Best Coffee Ever - July 22, 2019
- My top 16 tips for beginning homeschoolers - July 17, 2019
- 12 Tips for Living Out of Your Car - July 9, 2019
- 15 Things I learned from One Second After & My Survival Tips - July 4, 2019