This month’s recipes from Augason Farms are a perfect fit for chilly autumn whether. If it’s still a bit warm in your area, turn down the AC, put on a sweater, and make these yummy fall recipes anyway!
All Augason Farms products are available at this link.
Cheesy Corn Chowder
8 cups water (add less for a thicker soup)
½ cup Augason Farms Cheese Blend Powder
2 T Augason Farms Chicken Bouillon
4 cups Augason Farms Freeze Dried Sweet Corn
1 T Augason Farms Bacon Flavored Vegetarian Meat Substitute
2 T Augason Farms Dehydrated Diced Carrots*
1 cup Augason Farms Dehydrated Potato Dices**
½ cup Augason Farms Dehydrated Cross Cut Celery***
½ cup Augason Farms Dehydrated Chopped Onions****
1 small can diced green chilies
2 t. Augason Farms Iodized Salt
1 ½ t. cumin
½ t. garlic powder
2 cups heavy cream
1. Place all ingredients except the cream in a pot and bring to a low boil, simmer 20-25 minutes until vegetables are tender.
2. Place soup in a blender in small batches and blend until smooth.
3. Return to pot and add cream. Mix well.
4. Garnish with hot sauce and fresh lime juice.
* Can substitute with ¼ cup fresh diced carrots
** Can substitute with 1 ½ cups fresh potato dices
*** Can substitute with 2/3 cup fresh diced celery
**** Can substitute with 1 cup fresh chopped onion
Macaroni and Cheese
3 cups elbow macaroni
1/2 cup Augason Farms Cheese Blend Powder
1/4 cup Augason Farms Butter Powder
1 T water
1/3 cup milk
1. Cook and drain macaroni.
2. Add remaining ingredients, mix until creamy.
NOTE: The beauty of this particular recipe is that it’s a way to have mac ‘n cheese for the kids at any time because all these ingredients are shelf stable! Substitute fresh milk for 2 Tablespoons dried milk and 1/3 c. water.
Latest posts by The Survival Mom (see all)
- All About Hurricane Florence Survival - September 12, 2018
- An Off-Grid Laundry Solution: The Lavario Portable Clothes Washer - September 10, 2018
- The Best Of 2018 Amazon Prime Day - July 16, 2018
- 9 Tips to Avoid the Summertime Prepping Slump - July 1, 2018
- Prepper to Prepper: Survival Tips for the Ladies - June 30, 2018